MNScuba.com

Full Version: Quarry Park - St. Cloud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody dove the quarries at St. Cloud lately?  Interested in a report...

I'm thinking about hitting it on Saturday.  Any other takers?
ive never dove there, but ive swam there, but i think mcdiver has dove it... as i recall he said it was pretty small, and i dont think you can dive in the larger pool everyone swims in.

i considered going there... its a long walk from the parking area so you'll need a cart or something to haul gear.
Yup -- I've been there several times.  Quarry 18 is the one closest to the parking lot, but it is a bit of a hike.

The toplology is interesting (25 foot vertical wall) and it has some depth -- almost 60 ft.  Also some fun stuff to see (sunken sailboat, etc.).  I'm just curious if anyone has been there recently that can report on the visibility as I know it changes during the summer.

BTW -- here is a link for anyone interested --.

Still looking for anyone that might be interested on Saturday.
I do want to dive this one, but Saturdays rarely work for me.

LMK if you ever wanna head there to dive on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday afternoon......

i recommend highly. unique experience. different than other local spots. last weekend i got talked into it as an alternative to my actual interested location(not possible that time) , anyways somewhat long walk, we dragged our freediving equipment in, and snorkeled freedove the swimming hole, saw a cliff of weeds that drooped into 15ft like a wall, i have never seen such a sharp weedline, that alone was worth it.vis was about 10ft maybe allitle more. white cloudiness to the water, not algae. got swimmers itch, and tons of mosquitoes.
$4 to park your car, free to walk or bike in, also free if you got a local pal that payed the $14 annual pass. lots of other interesting mining equipment to look at.almost Zero fish.
I've dove it, but its quite a hike to drag your gear back even to the first quarry where you can dive.  They restrict diving to only acouple of spots, so keep that in mind..  It was one of the first spots I went after getting my cert and it was night and day from the lakes.. you could actually see Smile  This one was stocked for fishing, so lots of fish.. lots of old cables and bolts and such at the bottom.. so it was neat..