MNScuba.com

Full Version: mn fish watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was at the mnzoo yesterday, and went past the aquarium with native minnesota fish species... there's a lot of fish species of the ~158 that i've never seen diving... the most striking one i realized i've never seen is the longnose gar (or the shortnose gar for that matter).. has anyone seen one in a lake?

has anyone ever seen any other uncommon fish ?

I think they usually hang out in places with less than optimum vis....Mississippi river kind of vis!
my boy was next to an eelpoutĀ  two weeks ago. its kinda like a dog fish. first time Ive ever encountered one while underwater. that was Mississippi river Itasca. vis about10ft.

i am on the search for clearwater creeks that drain into the Mississippi river. i Finlay found some really good leads. these are trout streams in northern Iowa. one is underground and has blind fish in it. problem access is by application only(but it is foot access).

we have been seeing lots of muskies in the shallows on minnetonka, as the water is cooling and the shallows are crawling with them.

got some vids to share if your interested.

enjoy