MNScuba.com

Full Version: gooseberry falls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if anyone has dove at gooseberry falls south of where the laval flow gradually enters the water the shore line to the south is cliff like with lots of sections broken off into bolders, I am wondering if that continues out in to the lake.
Meet us at the vistors center in two harbors on sunday morning at 9:00 and we can go look at it, weather permitting. this is our  yearly trip and picnic up there.
I wish i could but cant this weekend just got back from there on monday and tuesday but didnt have the dive gear.
yes just did it the last weekend in August. Very cool I f you keep going to the south you have a wall that you can dive. 25 30 feet. leads out to sand. Very good dive will do again.

Giant stride off the lava is the best 25' dive in the state.  Walls, undercut walls, overhangs, boulders, swim throughs, and even a small "cavern".
is all of that to the south of the lava flow (gradual into the lake) or is some of that to the north? when i say to the north im calling north where the cement pilars & iron chain are on the laval flow following that around on land to the north there is the small rocky beach & the lake view cabin.

If you're on the lava flow, facing the lake, the pilars and chains are about 50 yards to the left. I parked in the picnic parking area and pretty much walked straight east. I really did do a giant stride entry (just made sure I found a shelf to get back out).
we went straight south-east (120°) to see what was past the boulders... once you see the sand dunes at ~45' you might as well go north or south cause we couldn't find anything past the desert that kept going on at 60'.....