MNScuba.com

Full Version: Local dive Sunday afternoon October 11th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
We were diving there last nite and it was great, each of the guys got to dives in. Max depth was 50 feet.
I should be there this sunday, so we can say hi then Wink  Were you with the kid that left the training group early?  He was cold and not lookin too good :/
[/quote]

Yep - his mother and I are the ones that stayed in the water with thier instructor. That was Micah - he's 11....they plan to finish his check out when they go south for vacation next month....

OK - according to the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation site, 3.2 beer is allowed and I also note they state there is a picnic area at Calhoun. I cannot find anything specific about grills though. I am gonna chance it anyway...

It's a brand of container made of polycarbonate (Lexan) . If you've seen a gray bottle with a wide mouth and blue lid, that was Nalgene. The reason they are so popular is 2 fold. They don't carry flavors and they are almost indestructible.
^ and every company I know was handing them out as promos last year so I have a cabinet full.
Good.  I'm glad to hear he's not giving up.  Its rough to do the checkout and with the cold water, it didn't help.  Already overtaxed, plus the cold..

I was up at Going Under last night and talking with the gal at the counter.. she's coming, plus afew other customers were there as well talking about it.  Its looking like a big gathering Smile
......They don't carry flavors and they are almost indestructible.

[/quote]

put a 50% juice guava Rock Star energy drink in one, leave it in the car on hot day... I've been drinking flavored water ever since.

Uh, what's a Nalgene bottle   :Smile  ???
[/quote]

Lexan (rigid plastic that may contain a potentially bad chemical) backback canteen, Clear or fun colors and patterns.  OR you can get a Sigg stainless steel bottle!  Either way, no one can really tell what's in them!

lynnlchan

Have fun on Sunday! I'm blowing off the dive for the Twins play-off game.  >Big Grin  I know it's not until 7 but there's pre-game festivities.  ;D

Awwwww man! Catch ya at the next one - was hoping to help you celebrate 100!!!
......They don't carry flavors and they are almost indestructible.

[/quote]

put a 50% juice guava Rock Star energy drink in one, leave it in the car on hot day... I've been drinking flavored water ever since.
[/quote]

You might consider retiring that one. Heat was bad for the 'original' models. I'd recommend you relegate it into a SAD kit or waterproof box, er cylinder. The chemical it releases (bisphenol A) is bad for living things. Maybe Hydro want to say something but I wouldn't drink from it anymore. Nalgene removed BPA from the process so they agree.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16