MNScuba.com

Full Version: Object in Perch Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At about 30 feet there is something that looks metal, maybe part of a boat?  I couldn't figure out what it was.

There is a line leading to it off one of the platforms.  Anyone know what that is?

I almost tied a line to the "bomb" after nearly running into the parking sign or whatever it is next to it.  Perhaps I should have to make it easier to find.  Its about 4 kicks east of the first platform.
Was that over towards the main beach? It was in the ground with the exposed edge rusted?
We saw that too.
Curious to find out also.
I meant 30 feet deep.  This was basically flat on the bottom.  Looked to be about 15' long and 6' wide.
The piece we saw was probably 20ft area I'd say by the beach area, but this piece went onto the ground. The slope at this spot was at about a 45 degree angle.
Its not part of that old road grader is it?
It could be.  It looked like it had a bunch of rivets on it.
Is it the bucket from an excavator. It use to have a wood chest in it as well but that moves around.
I have a high pressure steam valve in manoman pit and it use to jump from pit to pit. it was a bad valve and i use to have to bring it back when i would find it.
Your valve was still in manoman as of our advanced class earlier this summer.

There were a couple guys there trying to lift it with an SMB.  It was still there when we were diving the next day so I don't think it worked.  :Smile
I heard the bomb was actually converted for underwater use from a lawn ornament.
:o