MNScuba.com

Full Version: Kuennens Quarry.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a site about 20 miles south of Albert Lea. It has rock walls, and a few cars, and machinary.  It is shallow, I don't believe it gets beyond 40 feet in depth.  I went to scope it out this past weekend. Even with the rain we've had the visibility is the best I've seen, albeit from shore. I have been to this site several times stopped as the visibility is usually poor. I'm thinking it could make a nice late season dive as the shallow depth should have kept it a bit warmer. If I can get my tanks tested I'd be interested in diving it, if anyone is interested.  8)
I have been there a couple times.  It isnt to bad.  It has two ponds and in the future they are going to add more.  A while ago, people were ice diving WITHOUT ropes and died, imagine that.  My favorite part was the rock walls.  Lots of bass and other panfish.  There is an older couple who live in a camper who are the residents or what ever they are called.  He has lots of information to share about the ponds.  It is worth a look, I like it.
The people in the camper is seasonal.  They were not there when I was there in October.  Also, the max depth is somewhere around 25 feet.  Not too deep, but not a bad dive either...