MNScuba.com

Full Version: Drysuit Training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I sure hope their wrong because I'm do open water diving on the 5 of DEC.
WOW Burrrrr- you must have a bunch of polar bears!
Some places won't rent or let you dive without a certification, so it is something to keep in mind.. [/quote]

A call from Smith Diving today confirmed that their drysuit workshop in December is NOT a drysuit certification class.  Participants are NOT DRYSUIT CERTIFIED.  There is no open water dive with this class since the water (we assume) will be frozen.  The workshop only includes pool time. 

Looks like the next drysuit certification classes will be held next spring.   
[/quote]
While you will not get a "certification card" from Smith Diving, they will provide a certificate that shows that you completed a drysuit training course. It covers classroom instruction and "hands on" pool training in a drysuit. I dove for many years without a drysuit certification. After receiving a drysuit certification, I have never been asked for my drysuit C-card when doing a dive in my drysuit. If renting one is the issue, proof that you took a drysuit class should be more than adequate. I would not worry too much about being "Drysuit Certified", a certificate will fulfill the need.

mermaid

Just an update with Smith Diving...No drysuits in stock yet so no workshop is scheduled yet for December. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4