MNScuba.com

Full Version: Heading to Cancun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heading to Cancun for Turkey day.  Kinda last minute trip, but looking for any advice on dive trips/shops to use/go to while there Smile

Thanks
No but I can if you head to Playa del Carmen or want a Cenotes dive.
Have fun dude, the vis should be a lot better than tonka. Smile
I hope so Wink  I'm thinking of doing my AOW there.. they have some wrecks there at about 80 ft that they use for wreck and deep dives.
20 miles South of Cancun is a small town called Puerto Morelos. I went there a couple times and dove a wreck called the C56 wreck. It is a mexican gun boat about 120' long in 90' of water about 3 miles off shore. I used a couple dive shops out of that town: Almost Heaven Adventures and Aquanauts Dive Adventures. The website for the one is and their number is 998-871-0230. The owners name is Enrique Juarez and his cell is 044-998-486-8009.

The website for the other one is The dive masters name was William Martin Avila. His Cell is 984-138-8463 and the dive shop number is 998-206-9365.

Here are some links to mnscuba postings about the area:

I used Dennis Weeks of Diablo Divers a couple years ago for a day of cenote diving - had a blast!  Other than that I've only done Coz instead of Cancun...
I too have dove with  Almostheaven.  They were really good at site id and preparing the divers for the dive.They also maintain they're equiptment gear (rental) which is not always the case in some shops. 

Besure to tell them that DectorGuy and I referred you if you dive with them.  They will usually give one free dive with a referral.

My friend dives with them 2 times a year. They will also match up some good divers with you (similiar experience) if enough divers.  It is really slow down there, so work a deal out.  The hotels are only half booked.  They are really desperate for divers too.

I've got about 50 dives logged throughout Mexico.  I used to date a pilot for 2 years.    Nice layovers...  so to speak

Detectoryguy (JOHN)  could you be more helpful...  LOL..  you are a one man answer machine.

Happy Diving in Mexico.....

Nicki
Thanks for the replies Smile  I saw some of the threads listed above, but wasn't sure if they were any good being so old.

I'll post some pictures when I get back Smile