MNScuba.com

Full Version: Drysuit Rings - is this right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These are the rings that were put on a drysuit we sent in for repair.  Before I jump all over them for what appears to be a bad set of rings put on the suit, I thought I would post this here for your advice.

So, do rings look like this sometimes?  Is this normal?

AH*%&^$^%NO :o.  They put those on ?  An you had nothing to do with it?  Mine are a couple of years old an still dont look like that.  They arnt hard to put on or take off.  Have the Company send you new ones.

Jeff
They appear to be the Viking ring system.  If that is the case, I guess it could just be the pic, but they look like dried cracked rubber.  If they are cracking, then no they don't normally look anything like that.  I have 10 year old Viking suits with rings on them that look better....... 

Who did the work?

They look used and abused. I thought you were going to call them. I have a different suit and ring system, which I have had for around ten years. Mine also look better than your "new" ones.
I had nothing to do with that.  We sent it in to have rings sewn on and the sleeves shortened and that's what we got back.

Yes, they are cracked and crazed.

I have made many phone calls and we are having a very hard time getting a response on this.  Before I take this issue to the next level, I want to make sure I'm in the right.

I'm going to make a few more phone calls, then I'll send a letter.  Then my only recourse will be to send them to another shop to be repaired appropriately and to sue for the cost of making it right.  I'm not happy about having to go there, but I've been trying to get an answer on this for the better part of a month now.  My patience is starting to run thin.  Before I took this farther, I just wanted to make sure that it is an issue and that it just isn't like that sometimes.

The hard part is that I had the shop I bought the suit from send it in for the repairs.  Its not the shops fault that it turned out this way nor do I think they should have to be responsible for the repair work that their only part in was to mail the suit in.  They had a part in it, but I do feel that they are doing what they can (at this point) and are getting the same non-response from the repair person that I am.

Before blasting the repair person, I'd like to give them one last chance to make good on it.  They are supposed to be the best in the midwest which is why I am surprised this is the work we got.
I'm not sure if its a coincidence with this thread and the one I put on scubaboard or not, but I just heard that they will be replacing them - no charge.  So, things are finally headed in the right direction.

Smile

Glad to hear it.
Glad it will be fixed.  But I sure would like to know what shop you had the suit sent to.
Jeff
I suppose that's a fair request.  I understand mistakes happen - I own a business too.  I appreciate the opportunity to make things right though I also try to have quality controls in place to make sure things like this don't get out the door.  I think the lack of communication is the biggest problem causing the frustration - we've been trying to resolve this for almost a month.

It was Superior Diving Repair.  Prior to this, I had heard only good things but I think I will try a different place next time.

It was Superior Diving Repair.  Prior to this, I had heard only good things but I think I will try a different place next time.

Glad to hear things got taken care of. I have sent my suit up to Mark a couple of times for work. Each time the quality of the work was excellent. I would use his services again with out hesitation.

Did you ever get an explanation of what might of happened?

Later, Al
Pages: 1 2