MNScuba.com

Full Version: Possible artificial reef in Minnesota...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here ya go... I don't think I will be driving that heavy diesel out on the lake this weekend if 6"-8" of ice doesn't support a fishhouse!
Heres a link to the story:
WTF... i don't understand people who do this... decked out with a flat-screen TV and stereo, is worth about $15,000, he said.

why even go outside if you are gonna make it your front room...isn't the whole point of going outside to experience the outside? SRSLY for $15k a guy can do a lot better than blow it on a fort to pretend you arn't outside to watch TV in... im a little biased since i hate TVs but i really feel happy mother nature bit them in their ass.

(same goes for camping IMO, if you are sleeping within running distance to your car, you are doing it wrong. ;D)

mermaid

I suppose your sleeping bag is on the HARD GROUND too instead of on an air mattress  ;D

... not sure where you are going with that, but usually when im camping, im so tired i could sleep on broken glass... actually i find air mattresses uncomfortable.

mermaid

... not sure where you are going with that, but usually when im camping, im so tired i could sleep on broken glass... actually i find air mattresses uncomfortable. [/quote]

Thanks for clarifying my motives Joe...some people like to give up all the luxuries of home, lay their sleeping bags on the hard ground and can sleep soundly .  Whether or not it's an air mattress, I just prefer to have some type of padding under my sleeping bag. 
Sleeping bag? Why you need all that fancy tecno stuff, Leaves and pine bows, thats how you do it if you realy want to camp. Whats next, you gonna say you use a tent to?
Geez Dude, I suppose you do a leanto also; sticks & leaves. Sheesh.

mermaid

"Sleeping bag? Why you need all that fancy tecno stuff, Leaves and pine bows, thats how you do it if you realy want to camp. Whats next, you gonna say you use a tent to?"

I actually forego the tent and just look for some tree branches to sleep under (JK) ;D
seems like a lot of trouble for what in many years amounts to a few weeks of fishing. but who am i to judge. i smashed my trailer depthfinder 3 large props one small prop, one trolling motor harness, and blow one motor all just to fish for about 16 days. easily several thousand dollars, and for me i justify it if i get an amazing fish(40lbs is the cut off, 50 is better, got one 40 and saw a 50lber, a legitimate 50lb fish is approaching 60inches and i can finaly say i saw one as it was next to my tape measure on my boat!).

i cant decide if I'm spending this winter getting my boats ready for open water, or spending it on hard water.