MNScuba.com

Full Version: Dive Into the Past February 27 2010 Twin Cities Shipwreck and SCUBA Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
February 27, 2010
9:00 am to 6:00 pm

AmericInn Hotel,
Mermaid Entertainment &
Event Center

2200 County Rd 10
Mounds View Minnesota.

Presentations:
  • “Lady Elgin: Titanic of the Great Lakes”  Join marine historian and author Brendon Baillod as he explores the history, mythology and archeology of the legendary and tragic Lake steamer Lady Elgin.

• “So Terrible a Storm” author Curt Brown presents the epic tale of the sailors and ships caught in Lake Superior’s brutal Thanksgiving Day storm of 1905.
  • “Where is the Polly?”  the history of the Russian Built gunboat Politofsky, Alaska’s Yukon River Steamboat Graveyard, and updates on this season’s search, by shipwreck explorer and researcher Randy Beebe.
  • “The salvage of the Juliett”   Back by popular demand, the Ret Navy Diver 1 Glen Milisci tells the story about the salvage of a Russian war class submarine.
  • “Spear fishing in South Dakota”   Caleb Gilkerson  says, what better way to fish than to spear fish.  That way you will be able to pick the exact fish you would like to catch.  Come and listen to Caleb from South Dakota to find out a new way of fishing.
  • What's Happening in GLSPS - by Phil Kerber, President of GLSPS.

Plus:
Classes - Discover SCUBA and Discover Rebreathers in the hotel pool, also moorings class concurrently on Saturday.

Antique Diving Exhibit – by Lee Selisky - One of the largest collections of historic commercial diving equipment in the United States.

Exhibitors, Raffle, and Silent Auction

The speakers will begin at 10:00 am and finish at 4:30 pm, directly followed by the raffle drawing and the announcement of the silent auction winners.

Refreshments and food available in the Exhibit area.

Refreshments will be available throughout the day and a noon lunch will be served in the exhibit area. Please plan to use them as the proceeds apply directly to the exhibit area cost. This also encourages attendees to remain in the exhibit area during the day.

New this year

Underwater Adventures Aquarium Saturday Feb. 20th at MOA 10am to 8pm.

This new and exciting addition the weekend before the main Show will help bring together underwater adventure, new potential divers, and local Dive shops.

For more info check
We had a wonderful time today.  The sponsors, exhibitors and the GLSPS group did a fine job of putting it all together making it an informative and fun show.

Thank you for all the hard work!!!
I would have had a better time if my TV weren't stolen from me!  Must have stolen my ticket when I wasn't looking ........

It was a good time and nice to see a lot of people I haven't seen since the summer.
... I'll stand on the fifth your honor...
I heard the guy that won that TV was a nice guy.  Smile I guess I should bring my lucky charm with me more often. My daughter Maddie had fun too. Before the drawing for the prizes she asked me if I thought we would win the TV. I told her "look around the room and figure that about everyone bought a few tickets and that our chances are not good." She said "still, if we win it can I put it in my room?" I told her no that she had a TV and that this will go in my dive locker. Well we compromised and it is in the kitchen. I did also score a pair of those flowery fins for my wife (even though I did not put them on the top of the pile of stuff as I was walking out). It was good to see everyone
I had a great time for my first year.  Learned a lot of things and bought some good books.  Now it makes me much more excited to start shipwreck diving very soon!
now you can dive the newist ship wreck in lake minnatonka
A week after the event, I got a phone call that my son won a pair of fins in the Raffle....He's excited!  ;D