MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lake Phalen Artifacts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few weekends ago I met a fellow diver out ice boating on Phalen and he told me a dump truck in in the north end and a old ford is in the south end.

Does anyone have intel on these sites? He said North East for the truck but nothing else. If you know stuff like "swam the 20 foot contour..." I'll take that as good intel to not search in 20 feet.

I know Jeff Leech and MAKA have done dives at the north end where the 90 foot hole is.  They didn't find anything to my knowledge but dark and mud.  I've done dives at the beach access in Phalen towards the south end and haven't seen anything but trash in the 30 foot and under depth range.  I suppose it's possible there's a vehicle in there but I haven't seen or heard any proof. 
i could get my UW camera w/ topside monitor if we wanted to scout a few holes before cutting...  i don't know how well that would work, but it has IR to combat low light... might be able to scan a small area, but it all depends on the vis/light
Ok joe, were on for ice on Sat on Phalen.

We'll just have to cut a lot of ice. I have an idea so we can send teams in and everyone gets a fresh hole.
I wish I could go, but I gotta sit this one out. I don't know much about Phalen but here are links to a little info:

Here is a map:

Here is a history of the clarity:
Have fun on that one, while your cutting a hole in the ice I'll be trading in my dysuit for a 3mm and enjoying the warm waters of Roatan. 8)
Thats a real shame you have to spend money to swim in free water a long way away. I'm glade I don't have to do that. We'll, when you come back, I'll charge you $65 to use my ice hole so you feel better. Smile

Thats fine. I'm gonna save so much on beer that I'll probably pay for the trip. 8)