MNScuba.com

Full Version: Prior Lake Clean-up Scheduled. Minnetonka?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I see on the Prior Lake Association web site, the Lake clean-up is scheduled for Saturday, June 5th, 2010. 

I haven't seen anything for Minnetonka as yet.  Does anyone know when this is scheduled?
This is where to get the info:

Last years info is still up on their site.  I emailed them and will post if they reply-
Well, I heard back from the lmassociation, sort of........ see below.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

info_lmassoci_if@pop.startlogic.com
    (generated from info@lmassociation.org)
    Your message has reached a mailbox that is no longer in service. However, your message may have been forwarded to another address. Please check with the recipient to verify successful delivery.

Heard back from Dick Osgood of the LMassociation.  He said it will be June 12 this year, same time and place as last year.  He said they would be posting in the near future.
I wish that they would put on the clean ups earlier in the season.  Harder to find all the garbage through the weeds that grow up.  Yes, I know, I could just find a different spot to find some garbage, but the weed line seems to hold the most of it.  We might be able to get more of the garbage out of the late if they were held earlier.

Just a thought.
I would agree somewhat.  I am a huge fan of April and May vis.  I imagine they are catering to the divers that tend to avoid cooler temps as well as those boat owners who don't launch their boats until Memorial day that help out with the dive.  Minnetonka is still okay in early June but Prior greens up pretty early.  See you there anyway, good luck!
I plan on being at both of them again this year anyway.  I am just hoping that they will hold them a little earlier.  The way I see it is that there will be less boat traffic, less weed growth, making it easier to get the lake cleaner.  After all, isn't that the main point of having the clean up dives?

Event: The 9th Annual LMA Lake Clean Up

Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010 from 7:15 AM - 12:30 PM (CT)

687 Excelsior Blvd
Excelsior, MN 55331
I went to register but stumped at the "Team Name" prompt.....???

Help?

mermaid

Even though the area where the divers gather is pretty big, it's going to get VERY crowded.

Where do people plan to meet?  Near the registration desk???  Any ideas???

Pages: 1 2 3