MNScuba.com

Full Version: fresh to salt weight conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm headed to the east coast of Florida this weekend, where water temps are around 70F. I'm bringing my hooded 6.5mm BARE Alpine wetsuit. At Wazee in the 6.5mm I go with 20 lbs of lead. Do you think adding 5 lbs will be an adequate starting point to account for added buoyancy in saltwater?

Thanks for any feedback.
Thats probably pretty close to start with.
Thanks for the quick response!
De nada
You need to add 3% of your total displacement.  Since none of us probably know our total displacement in our gear, adding a few pounds and doing a weight check is the best approach.
last week when I was in the cenotes the divemaster told us to use half the weight in the fresh water cenotes when compared to diving in saltwater. This is assuming that you have the same thermal protection and gear set-up for both. This "half/twice" theory worked pretty close for me, but then if you ask anyone that has dove with me in the past, they will tell you that I am not a good one to talk to about weight. Wink

mermaid

Hey Detector, are you going to start teaching us Spanish?  

[/quote]

Nope... That and cerveza and banos is all I know.

mermaid

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok, so, how about translating what IS in Spanish  ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok, so, how about translating what IS in Spanish  ;D
[/quote]
De nada = your welcome
Cerveza = beer
Banos = restroom
The few other words I know are not polite to say in mixed company.
Pages: 1 2 3 4