MNScuba.com

Full Version: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Popolarbear(Stephan) gets the credit.  I just went back down to video it, after he came back to the hole.  He asked both Terry and I how we could have missed it, so I went back down to document the find.
Good job on finding the boat Stephan. Let me guess... You are the only one in the group that was not wearing a red and black dry suit??? I think those red and black suits might be cursed for not finding stuff... ;D ;D ;D Just kidding of course!

Here are the confirmed running totals as of today:
AandA (Art)---------------------------1 boat
Shooter (Nate)------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)-----------------------1 pontoon boat
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
Detectorguy (John)--------------------3 boats and 1 fishhouse
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------1 boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat
Pop Quiz: What do these two cars have in common? class? class?... anyone?  ;D
Are they both diveable sites? >Big Grin ;D

They could have come from the same one (the same lake that is) ... ???
Hello boys and girls in Scubaland. Todays show is brought to you by the automotive industry.  ;D Yesterday I went out to Forest Lake and did a little exploring on the bottom. I found two vehicles that haven't seen the light of day for many, many years. The first one is sitting upside down in about 15' deep turbid water. It is from the 1950's and looks similar to the photo I posted below. I am not sure of the model or make but I would guess 1952 to 1955. The license plate was only about half there but it is a Minnesota plate that the registration expired in 1961. This car is completely covered in 1 1/2" of algae and the windows and top half of the car are buried in the silt. Here is a video of the first of two cars found today:

The coordinates to this 1950's car are: N45 15.824' W92 55.775'
The second car I found yesterday is a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro sitting in 27' deep murky water. It is sitting upright basically but almost vertical. It must have nosedived into the bottom and stuck like a lawn dart. The car is maroon with a white pinstripe down the sides. It has some wicked wide flared wheel wells like maybe it had some super wide tires on it at one time. The Minnesota license plate on the back is clearly legible and it is CQC 478. I did not see registration date tag on the plate but it might be there. This car looks similar to the Camaro in the photo I posted earlier. Note the tail lights, rear bumper, rear window, & body lines below the rear window are the same as the photo of the '67 camaro where 1968 Camaro's have a raised chrome divider between the brake lights and the back up lights. This car is 2800 feet NW of the 1950's car I found earlier. Here is the video of that '67 Camaro:

The coordinates to the 1967 Camaro are: N45 16.044' W92 55.849'

Yes they are, and for giving the correct answer, You win an all expense paid trip to either location! I'll dive with you at any site, and anytime!  ;D ;D ;D

Yes they are, and for giving the correct answer, You win an all expense paid trip to either location! I'll dive with you at any site, and anytime!  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

NICE!

I knew I should have went with.  :o 

Maybe we should rethink posting gps coordinates........make them available on request type thing. We wouldn't want any archaeological elitists telling us we couldn't dive them or claiming our finds. Those darn crowbar divers.......
When someone tells me where I can't dive... That will be the day I raise holy hell!  >Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31