MNScuba.com

Full Version: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Welcome back Team G  Wink  ???

Terry,
nice photo op with the boat, I always thought you were a little "dingy"  ;D ;D ;D rotflmao

Now Nate, its late in the week, I'm normally out by now, but let me see if I reach way down in my pocket, see if I dont have a gfy left for you,,,,, Wink

I figuired when Steve found his "shipwreck", and John started to take a few pics, that it would be at least a few days, but no, Young Joe couldn't wait, to start taking a shot at Steve's "smallness",  if you will. Now granted Steves is probably the smallest of all the guys in the competition, but its sound. Not many of the found shipwrecks could you hook a single (albeit only 50 pound) lift bag to and bring her to the surface, without the wreck say, coming apart, but it can probably be returned to service, well if you scrapped the 50 pounds of zebras off, as they wound cut into the boats 300 pound overall capacity. I agree SIZE does matter, its really all that matters, but nothing was ever said about just how small some guys were going to get.
had a good day fishing yesterday,
1-new yorker down 30 years
1-charger down 30 years
1 motorcyle down unknowen
1-drag bar with hooks
1-safe
not to bad for 6 hours from shore and 5 tow trucks. can I get credit for these or do I just file notches on the tree.
grumpie
I'm guessing these were in Ramsey County somewhere, probably in a river near a bridge, but can you give us some clues as to where or is it part of a case? I'd love to get you on the scoreboard Richard, but I'm guessing you didn't leave them there on the bottom... You might have to keep notching that tree but with all the notches in it... don't let it fall on you Smile
We need some pics and coords grumpy, apparently it still counts if you leave some garbage.... there's about 3-4 actual boats that I know about but no coords or pics, so they don't count.

I was going to ask you about this, as I thought it was probably just a typo, that you added "but debris field remains)" as a tag line to all your threads lately. I can tell that you are befuddled that I still think the stolen van site is a viable dive site. I am sure that you have dove it when it was still on the bottom. And you noticed all the tools still inside the water works utility van. The toolboxes that lined the walls had all the drawers opened from the tumble down the hillside and the tools that were in those drawers were scattered inside the van mixed in with the thousands of locates flags and brass valves. The ten "T" handled water valve wrenches that were in there as well.

When the van was first attempted to be raised the doors were open on this van and the majority of the contents were spilled out in the area. This first attempt failed because the recovery company did not do their homework and had too little of lift... so back to the bottom it went. The second attempt at recovery was successful (so to speak if you call loosing the contents of a tool truck, that was only valued at $2500 if it was in good shape, in the process a success). The contents of that van are still on the bottom so that is why I said "The van has been removed but debris field remains" and left it on the scoreboard. I am fine with taking it off, but would it still be a fun dive for someone?... Sure it would!

:'( 

Terry, the motor runs great! Why would I need to go find myself though?  ???  My navigational skills continue to improve with the regular search patterns we execute  ;D

DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!  ;D

Free dove the wreck on spec today

:'( 

Terry, the motor runs great! Why would I need to go find myself though?  ???  My navigational skills continue to improve with the regular search patterns we execute  ;D

DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!  ;D

Free dove the wreck on spec today

[/quote]

Glad you liked the motor, had a lot of good adventures with the Mariner, both in northern Fla, running the rivers up to the springs, and in Superior, Michigan, and Huron running to the wrecks.
Ha, no I just like the words asssociated with a ship wreck as I consider it something from a plane crash or bomb site, debris imo is wreckage... not tools parts and garbage... maybe really not worthy of a discussion as I was just making fun of a series of words in a description  ;D

No worries. I am in no hurry to go back to the area, but if I do I will be sure to keep an eye out for some of the tools and valves that were in that "debris field". When we were asked by the City of Crosby if we would recover certain items from the van, we focused the recovery on just those few items. Looking at all of the drawers of the tool boxes that lined the wall of the van, I have to imagine that there were several loose sockets, open end wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, ETC that cascaded out of the van on its way to the surface. The debris field should be easy to find even today with all the wire locate flags laying about. Sort of like muck diving but at 105' Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31