MNScuba.com

Full Version: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
That is a cool looking boat Nate, lots of silt around it and in it. I will add that one to the tally sheet for you, but you should post the still pic's and coords for the other steel hull you found also. I know there isn't much left to it, but it is the first 14' steel hull I ever saw.

As of 5-19-2013 the running totals are as follows:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------6 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------4 boats
Hydro (Joe)----------------------------2 boats
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------2 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)------------------------1 pontoon boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)------------------1 boat
ArcFlash (Steve)-----------------------1 boat

Young Joe's right. Yes soon to be in 3' of water, WBL is going away, much to the dislike of (and the half billion $ lawsuit against) the DNR, by local property owners. Nate is that the good one or the nasty one? Nate I dont want to go steal that placard you guys put on it, can I get a couple of those? I've got just the perfect spot for them. Wait to you see!

Young Joe's right. Yes soon to be in 3' of water, WBL is going away, much to the dislike of (and the half billion $ lawsuit against) the DNR, by local property owners. Nate is that the good one or the nasty one? Nate I dont want to go steal that placard you guys put on it, can I get a couple of those? I've got just the perfect spot for them. Wait to you see!
[/quote]

That is the good one, the other one is like joe's, but a lot older and more deteriorated. Why don't you guys make up some team g plaques?
I debate doing photoshop activities.. but my current comp doesnt have space to instal it.. I need another ssd to devote to photo manipulation. (Although come to think of it its installed on my laptop)

So many problems  :Smile
hey, why am i only up for one on the board? i should minimally have 2. 2nd one for finding the
st.albums bay big boat.(by the way it was in the general area i had guessed the year before).
i dont think we actually told anyone about that.
I found the previous owners of the aluminum boat lift today and talked with them for a while. They lived in a 1.5 million dollar house and were about 70 years old. They said there was a straight line wind about 10 years ago that flipped the boat lift out into the lake, and it landed upside down on the canopy. He said it was the weirdest thing to see those 12' tall legs sticking straight up looking like a turtle on its back. The wind pushed this boat lift around the corner, out of view, and sank shortly afterward. The guy hired a pilot to fly over the lake to see if he could see the white 22' x 12' canopy attached to the boat lift through the water, but the pilot saw nothing. I showed the guy and his wife the video I took of it underwater, and I asked the guy if he wanted it back. The guy told me that the insurance company paid for a new lift right after it happened, and that the boat lift is yours. I shook his hand, and told him thanks as he went back to directing his two gardeners. Cha---Ching!  8)

Hey John, after the insurance co. paid for it, not sure it was his to give away, may want to bounce the Cha-ching off the insurance co, maybe as in, "removing a navagational hazard" to say limit their liability.  Wink
I would think the cost to recover the lift would exceed the value of the lift. Would the company have a claim after that  >Big Grin

I am not sure either, but when I was 10 years old I learned about the Statute of Limitations, and it didn't take long before I had a plan... I always thought the Porsche 911 turbo was the car to have. Because I was a farm kid, my dad taught me how to drive at 9. I cooked up a plan with a friend of mine whose dad owned a septic system business and had access to very large plastic septic tanks. At 10 years old the plan was to take [litterally take] a new Porsche and seal it up in a plastic vault, and bury it underground for seven years. When the statute of limitations runs out I would be 17 and graduating high school with a new 911 turbo (free and clear). We figured that since we were just kids with no prior offences, we would just get our hands slapped if we were caught. Obviously we never followed through with the plan, and I have been a law abiding citizen ever since  >Big Grin. The boat lift is from the late 1980's and went missing over 10 years ago. Even if the statute of limitations hasn't run out (which it has), Spyder is right. The insurance company could put a value on it, and I could put a value on the cost of recovery  ;D.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31