MNScuba.com

Full Version: Square Lake May 2nd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went diving with Yelloduc and Ken at Square Lake. I had a great time diving with you guys. - thanks! I wore my 7/5mm jumpsuit with my 2mm shorty over it along with my 6.5mm hood and gloves. Nice and warm all over. We saw the toilet, plane tail section, and the canoe. Took some pics, (film), so it will be a while before they are developed. I found that the 22lbs I already own is very good amount of weight - so no more wondering about that. I would say viz was 4-10 feet or so.  Water temp was 55 degrees. The only problem encountered was my line reel which jammed up. It looked like my dads fishing reel when I was little  Tongue

Anyone have an update on temperature and viz at Square?
5/31/2010 update. Vis is < 10 ft at > 10 ft depth. Not great despite calm and sunny skies. Better in shallow water. Temp is 52F at 25 ft.
Jason and I did a couple dives at Square today.  Water temp was about 66 degrees at the surface.  The first thermocline was at about 17 feet.  Viz was ok but not great...maybe 8 feet.  Haven't been out there in over a year.  The new lines running to the platforms are pretty nice.  Not many fish to see, saw one crappie, a bass and northern.  Jason got to try out his awesome $$$ new Canon 7D camera rig!  Can't wait to see the pics he gets with that rig in some clearer waters.