MNScuba.com

Full Version: May 22/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just to verify - we are taking about diving Sunday the 23rd at 8:30AM - right?
Yes.
This is going to be a one tank dive for me.  I have to be back in town by no later than 12:30 for my daughters birthday party at 1:00.

See everyone at the lake.
I got an order for a #25 fluke anchor so I'll try and go. Do we know anything about the bottom or will Hydro and I need to bulldoze?

If you would like I can throw a bunch of tanks tanks in the truck and show up out there. I have taught and made a lot of dives in the lake.
as i remember the lake has a lot of muck, but it also has sand bars and weeds depending on where you go... i don't know if the anchor hunting is very good since its a limited horsepower lake. we did find a rotted out boat there that i think terry tried to lift off the bottom.
That old boat is on the east side of the lake, if you look around down by the boat there is a steel pipe sticking out of the bottom also, its down by the small sand beach. If you stand on the dock and look west across the lake at the small a-frame on the other shore it will get to about 53 feet deep.
If there are any anchors out there they will be about 4-5 deep in the muck.
The boat that Terry, Hydro found was on the west side of the lake.  I was in on that dive, but don't consider myself to be one who found it.  Maybe there is more than one boat on the bottom.

We will have to go out to the platform to visit Grumpie's seat.  JK Grumpie.
      I've dove that _ _ _ _ hole before, below 25'-30' you might as well be diving off the side of the Excelsior, shes soft, better plan on bulldozing. I should make it with a few cold beers to celebrate in tow.        Terry

mermaid

I haven't dove many lakes yet, but I do remember starting a landslide :Smile.  If the bottom is that soft, would another lake with a hard(er) bottom be a better idea?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6