MNScuba.com

Full Version: Old Anchors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi everybody,
I'm wondering if anybody knows where to turn to look up information for old anchors. I've found quite a few now and one really has my interest peaked but I can't find it anywhere. It's somekind of metal, I think, with decorative markings, and the weight is shaped like a doughnut with a connection on the top of it in the middle of it where the doughnut hole would be.
Thanks!
Can you post a pic?
Sound like a horse stop? They used them for anchors after the automobile replaced horses and carriages.
I'll be at the cabin again in a week or so, I'll get a pic up. Horse stop sounds interesting. I haven't been able to find a thing on it, so I'm wondering if it's homemade. Thanks
Pic would be great. I'm really interested to see what it looks like.
anything like this?

or the additional similar items...

I have one just exactly like that one! interesting!
if there was a place for old anchors Minnesota/Wisconsin should be full of them.
Here are some pics of some of my anchors. The last one is of the "Horse Anchor". I had no idea what kind of anchor it was until this post, Thanks, John
Wow, nice collection! Some very cool anchors. Thanks for the help tullibee, but I know now it's not a horse stop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6