MNScuba.com

Full Version: adding wide angle to ikelite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive got an older ikelite digital housing that has threads in the front of the Len's h housing. i think this was built to accommodate adding a wide angle lens but I'm not sure. does this mod work well. someone was telling me that the added lens can be slightly fuzzy
Ikelite's compact housings use a 46mm thread mount and their standard housing use a 67mm thread mount.  These threads are for adding wide angle or macro wet mount lenses. 

Overall the performance of these lenses are fantastic.  The fuzziness you may be referring to is sometimes caused by digicams that have have an extended zoom range.  Due to this extended zoom range, the master lens has to telescope (travel) longer in distance which in turn can place the master lens of the digicam further back behind the housing port.  This placement at times is not optimum for wide angle conversion lenses and can cause results to vary.  If the digicam has a master lens of 28mm or wider, it may also vignette with a wide angle lens.  This vignetting may be eliminated by zooming in to the 35mm equivalent setting on the digicam.

Kind regards,
Steve Philbrook