MNScuba.com

Full Version: Huntington Mine Pit Dive 6-26-2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday Art and I did 3 dives in Huntington pit. We saw a bunch of fish and I finally got to see Gilligans Plunge. The viz varied from one place to another. The best viz I think we saw was 30' but some of the bays were down to 4' from run off. I forgot to check the temps but the thermocline was at about 18'. We finished our day and were at the landing when we ran into Doug and Curtis. They had just dove the triple axle dump truck 100' below near the landing. Next time we will have to check it out. Here are 4 photos that Art took as his camera takes better photos than mine. I will add a link to a youtube slide show tomorrow.
Very nice!

mermaid

Nice pics!!  Looks like another great place to dive.
Here is a link to a youtube slide show I put together of just still images. I took a bunch of video but I haven't put that on youtube yet.

Here are 3 pretty neat videos from Huntington I took when I was diving with Art in the shallows.
    The first one is at the West end called swimming through the trees. It is 6 minutes long but at 1:50 minutes into it there is a very large (to me) northern pike hanging around the tree tops. I guess it was about a 15 pounder. Here is a link to that one:

The second video is Art and I checking out the fish at the beaver lodge in the NW corner of Huntington. This video is about 9:45 minutes long. Here is a link to that one:

The third video is of the small runabout on the North side of Huntington Called Gilligans Plunge. This video is 8 minutes long and here is the link:

These were all shallow dives at under 30' deep but they were very relaxing dives!