MNScuba.com

Full Version: Ore B Gone Twin Engine Airplane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know where the twin engine airplane is at Ore B Gone?  I know there's a helicopter across the way, on the south side.  I was reading old posts by Rick, who said the twin was at a temp location in '05 or '06, but haven't heard more about it.
Hi,
  a couple years across from the swimming beach, >Big Grinthe back way thru town,there was a tire with a rope leading to it.This is the best I can do to help you.
              Seahuntjerry
We dove Ore B Gone today...met up with a few "newbies" from the former "Going Under" dive center...can't remember the new name.  They said they enjoyed diving up there.  I suggested Lake Mine and St. James Pit to them for better Viz on a future visit.

Anyway, I saw on someones Phone app map, that the twin is around the point across from the swimming beach...helluva long surface swim...probably need a boat. 

Dive report:  Dove the skeleton, boat, speeders, and missed the airplane.  Viz was from 35+ feet to around 15 or so.  Second dive we left the boat landing, followed the wall around to the helicopter and continued to the bus.  Some really milky viz over there as usual.  Third dive we went around the bend to the right from the beach area...kids jumping off the cliff back there...I found a bicycle that actually rolled, and finned around on it, and rode it right into that "Black Hole" over there and disappeared.  Then I inflated my BCD, came up, and "rode" it all the way up to the surface, and handed it to some kid to jump off the cliff with again.  Some of the areas had REALLY great viz, 35+ feet.  It's really hit or miss up there now.

Surface temp was 71 degrees!  Thermo was around 21 feet, and at 55 feet or so the temp dropped to around 49 degrees.  All in all another great day of diving!