MNScuba.com

Full Version: Green Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend and I are planning to dive at Green Lake. I am looking for any information I can get about the lake. Has anyone been there before and if so are there any good areas to dive. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
what county is it in?, there's about 8 green lakes.
I would like to head to the Green Lake by Spicer, MN.  I looked at the water clarity rating and it is 6-12ft (), 4.4ft. in 2009(), with a nice deep hole on the north side down to 115ft.  Looks to be a pretty sharp drop from around 20ft. down to 115.  Might be for an interesting dive.

Thanks scubafreak. We are looking to dive in the Green Lake by Spicer Mn. My pal has a cabin there and really wants to dive it. There was a plane in the lake, but that was restored a few years back.
Has any one ever been diving in the lake?

When do you plan on diving it?  Depending on the date, I may be up for going.
This Sunday
wow... what is up with that lake? 10 feet to 100 feet?
i'd dive there!
It's really clear too....the last time I went there I had a fun dive, bur there was nothing to see. I want to find some structure or a wall or something......
FYI -- did a dive on Sunday off the city park on the west shore.  Fairly unremarkable -- about 6 foot visability and a long swim to get to 30 feet of water.  The water was very warm (72 degrees) and the speed boats stayed away.  I also saw about a 30" northern laying on the bottom -- not sure who startled who more -- me or the fish when he took off.
Pages: 1 2