MNScuba.com

Full Version: GLSPS In The News / KSTP TV Channel 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jason Davis from "That's Amazing" ("On The Road Again") just confirmed that the following story will be broadcast as follows:

100th Anniversary of Split Rock Lighthouse, by Jason Davis - Channel 5 KSTP-TV - Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM

This story will feature the history of the famous lighthouse and the Madeira shipwreck in the bay next to it.  Jason will explain the relationship of the two and how both are being preserved as historical sites.  The GLSPS will be mentioned on what part they have played in the preservation of the Madeira. 

If you have returned home from a long weekend of diving and can stay up until then, please take a minute to tune in and listen to the story.

Phil Kerber
GLSPS President
Here is the link to the story from "On The Road Again" with Jason Davis about the Split Rock Light House 100th Anniversary and the Madeira Anchor. 

Sorry about a few mistakes on names and roles in the Society.  The news crew was freezing cold and not thinking clearly that day.  (Select Madeira Anchor from the group of stories or just view it all).

Enjoy!

Phil Kerber
GLSPS President
I saw that show. Very nice. I was hoping the GLSPS was going to put the anchor back on the wreck. That would be cool! ;D
I'm guessing that with the anchor at the visitors center. On a busy day more people get to see it then would if back on the wreck in a whole year.

Al

Not only do we get to see the Anchor, but check out the excellent cement it's sitting on! 8) Nice Job to all that did that excellent work.
Dave
Thanks for the great comments.  The GLSPS and it's volunteers spend allot of time (free of charge) performing these tasks.  If you are a member, you have indirectly helped by your generous donations, and the GLSPS thanks you for that.  The GLSPS members, Leaders of Projects and the Board of Directors, deserve a pat on the shoulder or a "that a boy or girl" from time to time.  We all appreciate your comments, it makes us feel like we have accomplished something.  It will drive us the volunteers, to continue to do more for the Society.  Smile

Thanks again

Phil Kerber
GLSPS President