MNScuba.com

Full Version: Minnetonka wreck diving..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did three dives today with Timm Hagen and Big C on Minnetonka.

First:  Hercules Tug / Vis was between 5-10  Temp at depth 53 deg.

Second:  Stern wheeler / Vis was between 5-10  Temp at depth 53 deg.

Third:  Tried to find the Barge in Wayzata Bay with no success.  Vis was bad, Spotted it on the graph but the anchor didn't hold on the spot. 

On a side note:  PEOPLE OUT THERE JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT A DIVE FLAG IS!!  >Sad

Saw the Water Patrol boat twice, and both times a little too late to catch the people getting too close to us..
Sometimes I wonder if you are safer without the flag.  I've seen so many people come closer to try and figure out what it is instead of stay clear.
We only had my VERY LARGE dive flag on the boat.  We anchored right over the wrecks, and went down.  We didn't tow a flag with us seeing we were withing the 150' mark of the wrecks.  They still managed to come well within the 150' of our boat.  ???
that's what you have to expect from half drunk bozos on minnetonka in the summer.... kinda like guys around metro lakes that ask if you are scuba diving when you have full gear on. you should actually be surprised if it doesnt happen.

Joe, that was you and I, wasnt it, diving the SE corner of Calhoun when some guys came by to ask if we were diving, when we were fully suited up,  :-\ to which I had to respond, "no were just hanging out in all this black rubber just to see how hot we can get" but I remember the one guy got it anyway.    T
It was great diving with you both, we gotta do it again. I really enjoyed diving from the boat as well....kinda nice! If I remember correctly, wasn't it the Stern Wheeler I swore we had a boat race right over top of us, or at least pretty dam close. Then again.....we did have to navigate an iron man swim to get to the Herc. Bloody nuts wanting to swim 3  miles on top of the water.......now going under....much more fun!!