MNScuba.com

Full Version: International Dive-In Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should we plan a dive on this day? Sorry, couldn't find the exact date quick enough for this post (have to run to a meeting).

Chris
I find two International Dive-In Days .. one affiliated with Coral Reef Alliance/Earth Day - April 22nd and the other not.. but held sometime in June as per the old article at DB , can't find a 2003 date for that one.
Fred
Heck Yes!!!
Fred: I found the same thing you did. Looks like the earth day is April 22 (Earth Day). But that seems more like coral reefs etc...However , we could simulate a coral reef somwhere...

Jean
I believe it normally is held on Earth Day... We could do a clean-up dive or something.
I did a few searches on this, It seems that it was held in May and June in the past. Others have started doing it on Earth day now.
A clean-up dive would be just dandy...
So If I get this right , Earth Day is April 22nd which is a Monday...
Hopefully , we will have open water by then somewhere.
-OR- we could just have a clean-up dive later on....

Tanx...Jean ;D
Count me in for a clean-up day!
Do we put our effort into one area or split into groups to hit a few of them?

I'll hit Sam's Club and buy garbage bags.
Tol
Would not mesh bags work better???

Jean
If it falls on a Monday, lets do it the weekend before or the weekend after...

A good point was brought up...

One location or multiple?

I thought about this too, and here's my opinion...

Let's do one site, this way everyone will get to meet each other and we'll get more accomplished. However, if we get a LOT of members to do this then maybe splitting it up would be best and we could meet afterwards or something?
What works really well is to get a float, a reel and a 5 gallon bucket. Suspend the bucket under the float with the reel and push the bucket where you want to go. The reel let's you raise and lower the bucket for different depths. The wide mouth of the bucket makes it easy to throw stuff in.
Pages: 1 2