MNScuba.com

Full Version: washington island divesites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey, i got the book on GL shipwrecks, but all the coordinates arn't working in any of the settings in my gps, or google

i was looking for the
loiusiana 45degrees23.98' by 086degrees55.36' ....its marked, so maybe we will find it

pride 45degrees29.77' by 086degrees38.76

winfield scott 45degrees21.75 by 086degrees 51.59

any suggestions to convert it to something else? we are leaving to go out so ill check back later, i have a general idea where they are, but odds of randomly scanning them are pretty low..

Hello Joe!
                  All three wrecks are listed in the "Divers Guide to Wisconsin" by Steve Harrington the books old enough that the coordinates are listed in LORAN, the Louisaina being at 31975.5/47964.9 Not sure what it would take to convert. I've dove it its well protected and easy to find (even if its not bouyed) its on the east side of Washington Harbor on the No. end of Washington Island and was able to be seen from the surface, being in the 10-25' range. I remember it as a good wreck to see. The Pride is more scattered, beat up and exposed. Depending upon the boat your using Dood County has some dandy wrecks to see. Feel free to swing by and pick up the book if you want.    Terry
If you need to convert coords to a different format you can use But for Loran to GPS your SOL

Al

kickass! that is what i was looking for, actually theres a crappy loran converter prog out there, but i didnt even try... thanks... yeah im at the campground now terr thanks tho
found the Louisaina today, coordintes were off by about 200 feet acually some kids snorkeled across from the beach and found it, and as i was getting ready, some guy fishing lost his pole from the fish pulling it off the boat, so he dove in after since most of the area is 10-20 ft, the wreck was pretty neat, the zebra mussels pretty much cover the thing, hung out for a bit and was catching small fish with just a hook and fishing line, then scraped off some zebra mussels and the gobys just swarmed.