MNScuba.com

Full Version: Gear Fiesta!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a very new diver. During the little bit of diving that I have done I have noticed tremendous variety in the way other people have their gear laid out.

Let's have a gear get together. We can lay our gear out, compare, make adjustments, etc. I'm hoping this would be helpful to new and experienced divers.

This will also give us a chance to make minor repairs and tape down the fin straps we keep forgetting about.

Here's what we'll need:
-interest, please post here or email me
-a pretty large hunk of floor to unpack bags of gear
-a time/date that works for most

If we have enough folks interested I'm willing to do the leg work necessary to find a place to gather. My living room just isn't big enough.
I'll also bring pretzels and flex ties. Smile

Tol
That sounds like a wonderful idea. It might be a good time to get a spring get-together like this. That way we can all put faces to names. If you (Tol) can find a place , I am sure we can get some bodies there.

Thanks again...
Jean Smile
If we can get a rough head count I'll start looking. I'd hate to book a community center if we could get by with a living room.

Who's in?
Tol,
I'd be interested.. I don't have much scuba gear, but I wouldn't mind learning more about it and seeing the different setups. I tried to pay some attention at the one pool get together I was at but didn't really gather much info.
The cities is a bit of a ways for me to drive for a gear get-together but if I can coincide it with a visit to my daughter's place, I'd show.
Fred
Just a thought ... why don't you arrange this for sometime this spring at one of the local lakes (Square)? That way people can bring out their gear, set it up, talk about it, then show it in practice.
Square would work nice in that case because of all the tables available at the campground...Nice Idea.
That's a great idea Beeger!
Some sunny spring day, perhaps on a weekend? Let's watch the weather and ice and see what happens. We'll just make a point of eyeballing each other's gear while burning some surface time.

Freediver.....we may have to hold two mandatory freediving clinics! I know I'm interested if you could make it down. A combo Gear Fiesta/Diving Afternoon might make the trip a little more palatable.

New ideas are always entertained Smile

Thanks,
Tol
I think that would be great. I am waiting to get certified until spring, but as soon as the ice is melted I will get certified. I have went diving several times with my step dad in Flordia and I do have all of my gear but I would be intrested in what others carry and or find useful when they dive. It seems like each new year the dive shops want you to get the new years products. Sometimes nice features are added to these but for the most part changes seem to be so minor that most changes don't effect safety. It would be nice to beable to talk to someone about equipment without having a sales person breathing down your neck, pushing a product which they themselves probably don't use. I have alot af questions about wet suites. so if anyone has a nice wet suite I will probably want to ask you about it. I would love to see everyone that can make it come. It will be great just to put some faces of our fellow members into our minds. I will be waiting for an update for time and place, see you there.
If you guys are serious about needing a place to hold your gear fiesta before the ice is out you are welcome to use the classroom at Scuba Dive and Travel anytime as long as we don't have a class running. Just thought I'd extend the invite. We also have our own gear configuration night if anyone is interrested. Check out dive shop events for more info.

Happy Diving,
Richard

P.S. if the ice is off square on Sunday, a group of us are goin to get wet. Anyone is welcome.
Darn it. I have to work for the Twinkies... Sad
Thanks for the offer of the room!!!! That could certainly be a nice place to have it.

Jean Smile