MNScuba.com

Full Version: My new video with walleye and a large dogfish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, here is my new video with walleye and one large dogfish. the dogfish was all the sudden in my face and freaked me out as it came from no where. in the silent depth, a dog fish looks fierce as it has two whisker like barbs that stick out forward of the lower jaw, the head is massive and are powerfull. difficult to put to words, but i was for an instant scared when it came face to face with me, maybee a foot or two away.

enjoy the video, i have several other really nice videos, that i need to have codex converted before posting.
Enjoy
oh the link.

Very nice, good variety of fish. ;D
how'd you do on the lures?  I kinda cleaned 'em up below the concrete bed in the old wood pilings a few weeks ago (current was pretty wild, but manageable) and there was a scuba diver cleaning up the rocks.  I wasn't far from there this past weekend.
I've been thinking about sticking that big old dog fish.  Wink  (and I've really been thinking about sticking a walleye or two  >Sad )
Vis has been down a bit, but that sure is a great place to visit the fish.  That's fun!  I didn't see so many fish the last time, glad they're back.
Fred
Great video!

I had a feeling you had just been there. i was up for the last week. the spot had been cleaned out. all the lures we found were burred in gravel, you could barely find them. also was a couple of piles of rusty jigs, like someone dumped them. i still try to take me, partially to get the lead out of the system. and I'm planing on having a diver found lure garage sale.

still found some nice stuff. as i was there(5 hours one day) three large lures got lost, all by different people. my tackle box that I drag with was so full i couldn't close it.

as to sticking a walleye. my boys have been bugging me to do that also.Ive been so busy this year that i haven't had the chance to shoot anything.

then my kid forgot his scout knife and scout wallete on the rocks, we went back but they were goneSad

Hey, next time I'm up there.. might be this weekend.. I'll check with the Park Rangers or whoever and see if something was turned in or found.  I usually end up visiting with the rangers... something about "No swimming from here to dam" or something like that.  Who's swimming?  I was snorkeling, and obviously sinking more than swimming.

Fred
ha ha ha....

yes, we had to leave and come back as they took forever to finish painting the buildings on site. i haven't had a run in with them yet, but I would like to postpone my one free warning for as long as possible.

I do believe once your in the water you are out of there jurisdiction..

anyways this spot should be some kind of Minnesota national snorkeling heritage spot. once the water drops to the point that it is just barely over the boulders on the dam floor, there is no way that you can be sucked back in.. it is impossible. it is totally safe with this new dam design.
also there are so many fish packed into a tiny hole that really everyone that would like to see Minnesota fish in a natural underwater environment should be encouraged to do so.