MNScuba.com

Full Version: Portsmouth Mine camping/snorkeling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going camping at Portsmouth with my daughter and going snorkeling with her in some of the pits.
We are staying up there Sunday 8-29-10 through Tuesday 8-31-10. I think we will try snorkeling at Stumpy in Arco and the beaver lodge in Huntington for sure. Then after that I am not sure. We are bringing the 14' red Zodiac and a White 3/4 ton Chevy, If you see us up there stop by for a cup of coffee. We are going to try a little fishing and just hanging out. I am not bringing my dive gear with  :'( but my daughter is happy that we are not going to focus on "Scuba" for one weekend  Smile
If you want to spend good time in the water be sure to have a wetsuit for your daughter.  I took the boat across Portsmouth last weekend and got into an area on the south side where there were hundreds of sunnies and a few of the largest small mouth bass I've ever seen.  It was definitely clearer back in the west bay of Portsmouth, just to the right off the boat landing, and that's a shallow area for snorkeling with several drops right close to the boat landing. You probably already knew all this. 

I'd like to know who took all the lures outta the trees.. I only found a few pieces of junk, they could have at least left a few good ones for me. :'(   I wish we weren't so far from Crosby.. we'd stop by for the coffee for sure.
Fred