MNScuba.com

Full Version: Divemaster Weekend 9-18-10 and 9-19-10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wanted to say thanks to Art Gullette for being a great instructor! The level of training he provided was world class, and if there were a "Hall of Fame" for dive instructors he would be in it. This weekend Scott, Brian, Alley, Shooter, and I finished up our open water portion of the Divemaster Certification in Louise. The class was the most mentally and physically taxing classes that I have taken, and I am glad Art talked me into taking it. The 15 minute water tread with keeping your hands out of the water for the last 2 minutes concerned me quite a bit with the surface temp about 60 degrees. It was easier than I thought it would be but I was extremely grateful that Shooter had the heater in the camper fired up after that. That was the coldest that I have ever been in all of my 43 years.

Art was flexible enough to come up a day early and let Shooter and I finish on Saturday so we could do some fun dives Saturday night and Sunday. Saturday night Shooter and I celebrated our recent success with a night dive on Portsmouth near the boat access. Here we covered the West end and saw the wall and the snowmobile. We each had HID lights and we took turns blinding fish. Shooter caught a sunfish with his hands and tried to knife a carp. there were a couple small northerns, crappies, sunnies and bass. I took video of the whole dive and I will edit out the weak parts for Youtube soon. We ended the dive about 10:30 PM and went back to Shooters camper.

On Sunday Shooter and I took turns getting pulled on the tow sled on Alstead South. We covered the shoreline at the West side and around the island. I shot about 20 minutes of video while on the sled so I was kinda exhausted from only using one hand and the endurance swims the day before. I will edit down that video to under 10 minutes and put it on Youtube one of these nights. When Shooter took his turn He spotted the old cars on the South side and the one near "Stairway to Hell" We goofed around on these for a bit and then left for home.
I finally uploaded the Tow Sled video. I have to say its about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! Here is the link:

WTF - How many trees were mowed down with this joy ride?!

ZERO trees were "mowed down". Not a single twig was removed from these trees. The 1/4" tow rope did slip a bit of aglae off a few branches as seen in the video. About four trees were actually touched by me or the sled.
Here is a more "calming" video of a long night dive we did in Portsmouth. This is part one of two videos:

"Maybe we should ride the tow sled on over to mamby pamby land.......

Tissue?!  ;D Wink
Smile I could have saved some animosity by posting a disclaimer with the video:

***Viewer discresion advised***
"Watching this video may cause foaming at the mouth, small bouts of tourrette syndrome, and nightmares in some adolescents. Consult your doctor if these symptoms persist and discontinue watching the video"
Here is part 2 of the night dive video. It is better than the first night dive video labeled "Part one" as it has Shooter catching a sunfish and the old  snowmobile at the end. There are a few bigger fish in this one but nothing huge.

I found some bkgrnd music to dub in on the tow sled video.....

;D ;D ;D

rotflmao
Oh, how that song brings back some really good memories! 

That song fits the video quite well!!  ;D
Pages: 1 2