MNScuba.com

Full Version: Sakakagewea salmon spearfishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
last day of the season for spearfishing so a friend and I met my brother at Sak for what we hoped would be a salmon trip but it was tough.. the salmon were done with the spawn, the water where there were the few fish we did see was about 0' of vis.  Surprising, vis varied from 0 - 15'.. but where there was vis, there were no fish except bass (illegal to stick).  My brother did stick a nice walleye, he was determined, vis at that spot was about 1 1/2 feet, I don't know how he did it.
Couldn't have asked for a nicer day.. relatively calm winds and water and near 70 deg.,, but a long, long trip for 1 fish.
Fred
did you use a hand spear? i need at MINIMUM like 3 feet to see the end of my gun.
I was using my 70cm cyrano, and carrying it with the muzzle by my chin and the trigger down near my waist.  Not the best.. should have been using my mares mini-mini most of the time or my kayuk, but my kayuk had a failure.  My brother hit his walleye with a 58cm mares sten, he had to be carrying it similar to the way I was.