MNScuba.com

Full Version: Local lake updates - Perch Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know at one time someone was kidding around about getting viz reports from local lakes. (I seem to remember different levels of viz master...hmmmmmm)
Since I dive Perch so much (usually weekly) I can volunteer to get viz , temp and other such stats from the lake...Hopefully we can get regular updates on other local dive spots also!!! And I promise , no overfeeding the wildlife this year...
(NO , NOT ME , THE FISH !!!)

Jean Big Grin
No doubt Jean, man I almost got eaten alive by the Sunnies and Crappies at Perch Lake last summer. I got bit several times in late August wearing a shorty and no gloves, I even got bit in the lip once >> OUCH! It's like the minute they see divers along the weed line they're expecting food or they turn on you like little pirhana's. :o
You know, I fear sharks in the ocean much less than 'gills in a lake. It's always the little guys that are the ones to look out for. ;D
I rember the day well. It was 20+ years agao, I was swimming in Lake John up in Annandale. I saw a bunch of sun fish swiming around me and thought I would stand still and see how close they would get. The next thing I knew one bit my nipple!!! I dont think I ever stood still in the water again.
THAT MUST HAVE HURT LIKE CRAZY. So now , I suppose you always wear upper body protection , right?
Its not the panners that bug me (there so cute anyway...) its those bullheads.
(I can't believe people eat those things) Tongue
They get fat just on their own.

Jean