MNScuba.com

Full Version: Prior Lake on Halloween Weekend,,,,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
                 We went out and dove Prior Lake yesterday (10-30-10) weather was dandy, vis was good (outside Candy Cove), water was 50 degrees, not bad for this time of year, scored 7 anchors, nice to not have the zoo that Minnetonka is during the summer months. Interesting to see that a 50 pound lift bag will actually lift exactly 50 pounds of anchors but only if its totally full, right to the bottom seam, well, ok more interesting underwater then in type :-\.
                Nothing too scarey either, save for the bikini bottoms in Candy Cove, and the high "particulate count" in some of the bottles of "Horny Goat" beer Steve brought with, is it suppose to look like that?  That brew is coming from Sconnie, so if your use to drinking Lienenkugals, how bad could it be? I saw more beer cans in one dive here then I saw all summer on Minnetonka. Clean-up might be alot easier here, just from the shear volume of junk.
                Prior has a lot of potential for icing if you could find solid bottoms, shes not nearly as deep as Minnetonka. Some Zebra's, not so much on the anchors but more around the openings of the clam shells ( bi-valve clams I think) sticking out of the bottoms, made sense not much metal exposed on the anchors. Nice couple (end of the season) boat dives.           TRINITY
nice haul!

scope us out a good ice location to find that kind of anchor numbers...  Smile
Arrr red be a good look on ye Captain Trinity  Wink Love the new dry suit.
That anchor on the right end with all the spikes is for sale. it's #30 and in near mint condition.

I had to save one poor clam, he was all clogged up with Z's so I pulled them off and put him back. They almost covered his vent completely.

Ok, So I get one beer that looks like chunky dishwater and I'm getting cut up on the board. What about giving me some credit for the black Lager or Smithwicks.

I'll agree that Prior needs to stop throwing beer cans in, what a mess. Most cans looked new so it's not like Perch or Elmo where they are old and interesting for the age like steel Hamms. Prior is full of cheap fizzy yellow beer like Lite, Mich Ultra.

Well thanks Pat, was always happy with the Nokia, but with all black you do disappear quickly in the water, not that lately in the vis we've been running in you stand out, but I do like the red.

Ya I do have to give the congrats to Steve, better first mate skills onboard the Impulse I've not known, and the Smithwicks AND Black Label were dandy, and every Horny Goat I had was bitchen good too, we just had one that had to be sacrificed to the lake, because it was just, way too cloudy, or maybe Steve was just trying to improve vis next to the Impulse, I dont know.      TRINITY

I'd wonder if it is even legal to actually call those "BEER"...........as I chug on a Guinness Stout... 8)