MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking, with the rain today....It's more like slushie!

A very good idea Phil! There are lots of cool things brought up from the depths, thru the ice and open water. Hell, I actually own a few. When you guys stay out there at night you doing some night icing then? It would be cool if guys tracked the coldest temp (with an open hole) and the thickest "clear" ice too. (We had some last year my 28" blade buried, wouldn't cut thru.) Good stuff for an honorable mention, at the end of season party. My intent with all this is just to get those who like icing more chances to go, and those that don't more chances to shake their heads. Maybe at the end of the season party I'll bring with a couple of the coolest things I have found over the years to let everyone see, and probably laugh. Smile   TRINITY
Great idea, Phil!  If you want some location ideas for "coolest"  (or was that "weirdest"?) stuff, let me know...Smile :o
Terry,

We will be ice diving at night for the hardy souls that dare to go to the dark depths of the Lake to find treasure.  You can see the glow of the nuclear waste and garbage better!  Just Kidding! 

My ice diving adventures end when the ice is thicker than 24 inches.  A man’s got to know his limitations!

A party or get together is a good idea at the end of the ice diving season to judge and hand out prizes.   

Are you going to set that up?
Plankton09,

I know you are one of the Masters as far as finding the coolest stuff in Lake Minnetonka.  Of course I would love the locations, if you are willing to give them up.  Perhaps a PM would be safer to reveal your locations.  I wouldn't want to compromise your secret spots for treasure (junk).     

Oh Ya! I'll take care of the party Phil,  it'll be after ice out though, so your tickets for the coolest item to the UMSAT show, will have to get out there sooner. Some of the best icing is after the show, with the warmer air and higher sun angle.
                Is that 24" max ice diving limit of yours due more to your chain saw or the weight involved to get that block out of the hole, not like your coming thru any ice from underneath, more then a couple inches thick max, or is it just, knowing your limitations?  Wink Steve and I have a new ice minimum thickness of 1 1/4" anything less, and you dont need to cut the hole, just stand in one spot, count to 30 and down you go.        T
                 Hey Everyone!
                       Steve and I and Molly went out today in search of some powerfull booty, well we hit it for all we were worth, and I dont know what happened but we came up wanting, all we wanted was one sorry anchor, we hit a spot we thought would hold the mother load, and after a thorough search, by Steve first and then me, we walked away in shame. Ice was 5- 5.5" clear, we obviously dont want to disclose our secret location other then to say its sometimes called the Lake Minnetonka of the south. Heres a few pics to show (prove we did it, Hi Nate!  Wink) and to show just how stiff, my poly line got so much so the biners stood straight out from the end of the coil. Oh, hang on those wondering why Molly's not in these pics,,,,,
               Molly here... so I thought I had on warm gear-guess not!! OMG my feet were numb after tromping through the slush and then standing on sloppy ice. Stayed until Steve got in and was under for about 15 minutes...took a few pics and then headed for the warmth of the truck. So much for designer boots-lol! Time for some real MN wear!

We invited Young Joe, but he welched on coming with, said he had to work on his truck, but Molly said there was room in my truck for him to stay warm with her, if it was too cold for him outside.

Ohhh, and just like Mel Fischer and the Atocha, Steve and I are prepared   to sell off the GPS coordinates to this location, I'm sure there's plenty of booty left.
no one is gonna want a secret location with no anchors... hows water clarity doing?

10-12' my young friend
do you think that maybe they no longer reco. anchors?