MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You guys think your so far out. I mean Terry and I had to give you a 3 week lead. Of course your in front. We smoked you on one dive without a 51 page plan, we just cut a hole and took first.

Your kids and wife's will start start crying about how you're never home and Terry and I will be hauling more junk then Sanford and Sons backyard.

That sounds like a country song. You should sell it to Garth Brooks.
Your right Steve. I think I'll take tomorrow off and go fishing on Mille Lacs. There is plenty of season left to dig anchors out of the muck. But three week lead?... sleep it off buddy. Smile We waited until we could stand on the ice fully geared up (almost as if we had opposable thumbs), and not crawling across 1.5" of (very early) ice. Now by us not diving on Saturday, I might be getting a little dehydrated by Sunday morning so we might hit one spot or another then. Wink
...not being an ice diver...I've enjoyed reading all the posts over the past few months...one thing seems pretty clear - seems theres a lot of fisherman up there that don't known how to tie anchors on.... Wink

Hey Nate, I have a question, page 48 of 51? Kind of early in the season to be finishing the, lol, "master, :-\ dive plan" up isn't it. I mean how many pages did "dive Green lake" gobble up anyway? The first 47? Last year I didn't start icing to the 10th of Jan, the seasons really just getting started.
                             John, no worries, tell Nate I sure appreciate his flag, and tell him I already have a use for it 8).         TRINITY
[/quote]

I should have said, we have 47 pages of the [glow=red,2,300]master plan[/glow] left. Dysleiax gets the best me of sometime  ???  You should see what the [glow=red,2,300]master plan[/glow] has in store for the grand finally, or if by some twisted turn of advents or rule changes puts you guys in the lead for too long and we need to quiet things down again  Wink
Your right Steve. It is nice to take a weekend of with the family. This is the first sat I slept in for awhile  8). We thought it would be good to slow down so you guys wouldn't be flying the white flag  ;D. Our other option, which I already proposed to Terry, would be to only use 1 fin or tie one hand behind our backplate, to give you guys a chance to get back in the game. >Big Grin  ;D  I will start working on the lyrics for the sanford and son anchor challeng lyrics  :Smile With Terry's age handicap, I imagine he is sanford? Cut a hole?  :Smile

Good times guys.  ;D This is becoming the most interesting ice dive season so far  ;D  ;D  ;D  When are the other players going to join in?
With Terry's, age handicap, ?????

Nate, here's a line to add to your song,,,,, "I'm only 52, but here's one for you!"
                                    TRINITY

I guess there are no lyrics for sanford  ??? Just don't have the "big one" with all of the pressure placed on you by team Isanti  ;D

I did find a good one for team Isanti though  ;D I will try to fit your lyrics into ours  :Smile

Nate and I went hunting for the elusive Green Lake anchor today. The temp was 15 below zero when we hit the lake at 7:00 AM. The ice was kinda thin at about 18" total, but only about 9" of good ice. We evolved to driving out again. Nate had his pony bottle on the seat of his big diesel, just in case. That almost makes the sport too easy when we can just drive out, cut the hole, and jump in. Easy as falling off a log. The anchors were not herded up today but hiding far away from each other. The ice groaned more today than in all my ice dives combined. At one point I was in a shallow area with about 3' of water between the bottom of the ice sheet and the gravel. When the ice would crack it would transfer the thud into my fins which were touching the ice sheet most of the day. This really didn't make me concerned until I heard a vehicle and then seconds later I saw two shadows drive directly over me. While this was happening I pondered the direction I would take if one of them came down to see me. I quickly decided that it wouldn't matter, and it wouldn't hurt long. I continued to look for anchors and after finding the fourth one I decided that was enough for today.

Here are the anchor counts from today along with the other goodies we found:
Nate: 2 anchors, a landing net, a folding pontoon ladder, and an 8" C-clamp.
John: 4 anchors, and a pair of sunglasses.

Here are some of the photos from today. The first one is of Nate getting ready. The second one is our set-up with an eagle sitting in a tree to the right of the 12' high dive flag. The third one is of Nate and Neo behind the booty pile. Nate is wearing the sunglasses I found. The fourth is me behind the loot.
(jeffersons)

Well we're divin' on down,
to the east side.
To a pile of anchors stacked to the sky.
Divin' on down
we hardly have to try.
The only thing the other teams can do'
is sigh.

Big Grin "it aint easy, being cheesey [img][/img] Big Grin

I have had the Jeffersons song stuck in my head all weekend  :Smile some lyrics came to me this morning.  :Smile might be contributed to a lack of oxygen in our heated shelter or the clouds up at crosby.  ;D Open to suggestions......

another good day of diving  8). Was probably pushing my luck a little bit by driving out on the ice. But you know what they say "if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." Definitely made the day a lot easier. We heard the other team talking about Green Lake so much we thought maybe we were missing something. We decided to deviate from the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow] and give it another look. We found ourselves a little shallower than normal. It took a while to get used to all the loud cracking. It was a bizarre sensation feeling the ice shift through your body and fins. Seemed more like cave diving listening to the tank scrape the bottom of the ice! The lift bags were not very effective with the short ceiling. I was hoping the big c clamp would have been clamped to a window sash weight, no luck. The search for the elusive window weight continues...

John-17
Nate-12
Steve-5 anchors 1 window weight  :Smile
Terry-5

all team Isanti anchors are virgin finds, have been removed from the body of water, and available for testing/verification.  ;D also requesting that John only use one fin and that his mask be tinted to 50%  clarity. I was given opportunity to be first in dive rotation again, and he still manages to double my score and beat my best to date bottom time under the ice. The karma is strong with that one!
[quote author=Shooter link=topic=6602.msg38597#msg38597 date=1294673876]
(jeffersons)

Well we're divin' on down,
to the east side.
To a pile of anchors stacked to the Divin' on down
we hardly have to try.
The only thing the other teams can do'
is let out a big sigh.

Big Grin "it aint easy, being cheesey [img][/img] Big Grin

Nate, dont you quit your day job! Not yet anyway, I'm leaving Miami in a few min.        TRINITY