MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/quote]

This was the day we had as tough of time retrieving the Impulses anchors as we have had retrieving icing anchors, but all I can say is, Were not afraid of that hickory switch! Go ahead take your best shot!

id have to rank polar bears right at the top for hardcore ice diving land animals
what was the recent news story about a polar bear that swam for 9 days and burned up 25% of its bodyweight? burning up about 100lbs?

[/quote]

When I saw the hat I must have missed the connection......  :-X

You still get my vote on the princess category though  Wink
[/quote]

This was the day we had as tough of time retrieving the Impulses anchors as we have had retrieving icing anchors, but all I can say is, Were not afraid of that hickory switch! Go ahead take your best shot!
[/quote]

I'll wait until Mon. Hopefully the anchors will do the talking.  :-X
We could do the grouper sandwiches a different day when the rest of the team can be there.
John, terry is out of control..... :-\ is he talking about me???

I think your right Nate, I starting to get the fever again Tongue, soon time to go see some Tonka wrecks, and MAYBE, just maybe, score some more anchors.
MORE? How about any!

I think your right Nate, I starting to get the fever again Tongue, soon time to go see some Tonka wrecks, and MAYBE, just maybe, score some more anchors.
[/quote]
Hey Terry - you made the news as the biggest muskie dudes ever saw!

;D

There is A LOT of embellishment in that story.  ??? It's like "based on a true story"
Fox 9 News has a video interview with the fisherman. Their story claims the Sherriff's office got involved. Apparently as the story 'grew' it was made to sound as though 'the divers were messing with the fisherman' (the guys replied that wasn't the case).  I'm sure that part of the story was embelished, too.

Ya one of my guys told me about it this morning, it made me smile. We had our 3'x5' flag up I went and spoke to a couple sets of the guys fishing that could be close to our radius. I believe these guys showed up after I was down. When I saw I had hooked them (both) I immediately swam back and grabbed both ends of the line I was attached to, to still be able to signal Joe or Steve and yet keep them from signaling while the guys was extracting their hooks. I then pushed the line up the hole to allow them to see I wasnt a Muskie, and let them extract the hook from my line, they then pushed the line back into the hole and I pulled it down and reached my hand up to wave and give them the thumbs up, (thats a long reach under 20" of ice) and swam the 6' or so over to their other hole I had also hooked and repeated the same. I felt bad (we try to set up far enough away), so I grabbed a couple of beers and went over to apologise and offer to pay for any tackle they might have lost or got damaged. They were real decent about the whole thing and we had some good laughs about it. There was never any talk or reason for the sheriff to be involved. One guy did come find us and another hole we cut near Coney Island to ask for his homemade ice spud back later in the day that Young Joe had recovered. He had lost it a few days earlier. It was an interesting design but Joe gave it back to him. It was a good time (well for only one anchor that day anyway) and glad to get in a bit of free advertising about the challenge Wink.
                                                                  TRINITY