MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Its more effective with the accent  8)     
Terry's spent part of yesterday poking at me for poking at him and his poems so I'll say it here as well.

Terry, The poems are fun to read and I'm sure everyone enjoys them as well. If you have more, we'll not make fun of them. We were just taking the easy shots. It just so happens that any bloke that fancies himself a macho cowboy and writes poems gets closer to broke-back mountain then Master Anchor Finding Scuba Diver.  ;D Rats! that's a another shot isn't it? Wink Sorry buddy, I'll lay off the ribbing over the rhyming.
Was a great day for diving today.  Had a great time with my new dry gloves that I just purchased last night( Thank you Scott at Sea Ya Diving).  I got in one dive and was able to pull two anchors.  Was going to go back down for a third time, but was getting a little wet.  Had to turn back around and head back to the hole.  Found out after I got up through the hole that my zipper came open about 3/8".  Hmmm   ???  Maybe when I came up after getting the second anchor, I moved my zipper on the side of the hole.  I guess I will find out next time out if that was all it was.  lol 

Thank you Molly for taking a pic of me and my two anchors.  Now that puts me at three.  It won't be long now and I will be tasting sweet victory.   ;D 

Sorry, Terry, Joe, and Molly, that I had to leave.  I would have loved to stay for some more.  Hope you two got into the mother load after I left.  Thanks again for letting me join in on some wonderful ice diving today.  We will have to hit that side again soon.
finally hit some good winter vis again... i took john's advice and looked on the bottom of the lake, and sure enough i found 1 anchor... i bet it was there all winter! i also made my 20th ice dive this year  Big Grin

i had to hold terry up since he was so tired from opening up 5 holes today! but ill let him tell that story.

robert also got 2 anchors, but all i have is video:

Thanks for posting that video of my fat butt in the hole...  Wink  ;D 

Now I know how a mouse feels, trying to squeeze through a small hole in the wall.  Wink

It sure was a fun day of diving.  Can't wait till next time!!
based on the size of that hole, I'd say Terry must be afraid to get half of his big new bar wet!!!   

He must be getting tired of cutting holes so his plan is to keep cutting them smaller and smaller until only he is able to fit down the hole -- then somebody thicker around is bound to step up and offer to cut the next one!  ;D >Big Grin

either that or add a mongo-sized shoehorn to the gear pile to help pop us out of the hole... Wink Wink

it still looks like more fun that running cat5, which is what I did yesterday!
Good job team G. I figured you guys would still be searching for anchors this weekend... ;D way to keep up the pressure! That looking for anchors on the bottom is about the best piece of advice I've ever gotten too!  ;D ;D ;D 

just don't get the fever too bad! Remember, it's only an anchor, it's not going to swim away, and you can always go back for it! Be safe
                      It was a good weekend icing, much better then cable splicing,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,ohhh, wait,,,, and to all you unappreciative fastards, there will be no more rhymes, poems, or especially rap, NONE FOR YOU! No Soup, (I mean,) Mollys chile, for you!

Steve, Young Joe, Robert, Molly, and I went out to Minnetonka, to meet up with Steves friends from Sconnie to dive the wrecks and Mike and his icing class, I cut a hole for them on the Hercules, and a hole for Sconnie folks on the Hopkins, then went over to cut a hole to search for the Como, she is INDEED an illusive wreck, then went and cut a hole on the Excelsior, a wreck I've always enjoyed.
                      Sun. morning I recut the hole on the Excelsior, (trickier then you'd think when she was filled with snow, only found my original groove for part of one side) for Mikes class to see a different wreck, then we headed west to Cooks Bay and the west upper lake, and thankfully to MUCH better vis. the best I've had this season, 1st on the So. side of Hardscrabble Point, real pretty spot, then two more holes on the south and west sides of Wawataso Island, then on to (as it started to snow) the NW shore of West Upper Lake.
                      Thats nine holes cut in two days, glad on the Hopkins hole we had 3 chainsaws with, I flooded the McCulloh with water, bouncing the block down, flooded Joes with gas, then fired up my new Huskavarna, she flew like the monster she will be, well, once shes broke in and the rakers are filed down.
                       Have never dove the west end of Minnetonka had always heard it was poor vis. the whole upper end, but its vis was better then anything I've seen this winter in 24 ice dives. Will need to check it out this summer on the Impulse.
                       Heres a pic of Robert with his two anchors, (who insisted on being surrounded by the colors, for being out of official uniform) for the day (keep working that zoom Molly  Wink) Joe had scored a decent plastic coated navy anchor, just what the Impulse needed and was decent enough to donate it to her for the summer months. I needed to be carried, (thanks Joe!) and came up with nothing, although after that second dive on such a nice day, that was enough. If we could have the judges add one for Joe and two for Robert that would be dandy, thanks Kristie!
Thanks Terry for posting the pic of me with my two anchor's.  I should have stood closer to the flags for the pic.  Molly did all she could to get the flags and me in the pic.  My bad.  Next time it will work out better.  Not sporting the colors for a good reason.  Wink  A little wet and cold from the third time down the previous hole.  Had to get into some warm dry clothes.

The weekend can't come soon enough.  Looking forward to the next outing.  GO TEAM "G"!!  8)

Lord, I am soo tired! How long can this go on!  :-X :-\