MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Team G, I am impressed with the numbers. I have to say I didn't think you had it in you. I would have posted earlier but you know with being "a domesticated mister mom  :Smile" and all I had some things to do.

Yesterday we went to a not so secret lake (Green) and we plucked 6 anchors only, Nate found 4 and I could only find 2. I hate to say it, but I think that lake may be getting played out. Here are some photos of our meager finds:
I'll be talking some serious smack tomorrow but today I really do have to give the majority of this win to my buddies for putting me on the stuff. I don't know if they wanted someone on our team to win or if they felt a little guilty for me missing last weekend on a case of head cold. So they gave me this. Joe picked the lake and the spot but I got in first and they waved the '5 per dive' rule so I had a chance at first. Otherwise, it could have been, 5,5,5 and not 12,3 so I really need to give win to Joe, Terry and Robert for the sportsmanship of putting me in the hole.

Last Friday I went to the trophy store and picked out some plaques for all of us. I'm going to have '2011 Anchor Challenge' ,avatar, and count printed on each so they are all the same. (Yes, Art, you too)

We need to decide on a group picture or Nate's artwork (Crown doesn't have any scuba graphics but we can provide a file)

Oh, I forgot, SASH WEIGHT!  Tongue
                      You know what makes me most sad is that the late great Freddie Mercury is not still with us, as I crank up, "We are the Champions" and play it loud and proud! John my friend, Green isnt getting played out, it has, been played out, for awhile now, I've heard fishermen anchor in lakes, all over Minnesota, not just Green, although your advice of looking for anchors on the bottom has been a great service, it helped the junior members of our team, Young Joe and Robert to put numbers up, as for the first few dives this season they both stayed immediately under the ice, wondering why they came back skunked. Steve and I were going to help them, but well, there was enough competition already.
                      Molly just pointed out how if you add up the numbers of just Steve and I, against John and Nate how it comes up damn near even, obviously, Steve and I are still way ahead, 62 to 60, but she thinks, still very close, Molly (Jean McLean), said it must be the luck of the Irish that pulled us ahead, as St, Pats Day approaches.
                      The walls of my office are covered in pics framed at 11x14 on all 4 walls, floor to ceiling of my diving adventures over the last 30 years, and there are only a couple icing, I will need to add a fewfrom this winter, thats for sure.
                      It has been a long winter with the record snow in Dec. starting it off, and this challenge has made it go by faster and with more smiles and laughs. I want to thank everyone who participated, and especially the judges, for their excellent work.
                      If at this time I could ask the judges to weigh in on the count. I would like to invite the judges, Christie, Angie, Pat, and Robert, aboard the Impulse this summer to dive or to just enjoy an idle down one of the rivers here some afternoon, with Molly and I, just let me know when you're available, and I will set it up. I'd like that.                      TRINITY
[quote author=arcFlash link=topic=6602.msg39215#msg39215 date=1300051274]
I'll be talking some serious smack tomorrow

Steve could you give me some examples of what you mean?
Steve, I really like the round cannon ball type anchor. I guess I have never seen one like that yet. Looks like it should have a leg shackle on it. Is it cast iron or concrete? Does it have a cross on the side of it?...
The folding kayak anchor is cool too. I found two spuds about the same diameter of the latest sash weight but about 3 times longer. I wonder if they could have been used for a sash weight, and then later used for an "anchor"? Just kidding as I beat the dead horse some more ;D ;D ;D
John

Add a mustache and you could probably pass for him.  :-*  It is probably a good plan you guys should yuck it up and celebrate as much as you can, while you still have the chance,For the next five days anyway. By the way now that you are ahead are you ready to draw the finish line in the sand? No amount of sucking up to the judges is going to help you win this competition. You might get a window sash weight here, a questionable dive there, etc. but in the end, and it will eventually end, good will triumph over evil. This is just the part in the movie when it looks like there is no hope for the underdog superheros, giving us cause to rise & defeat the villains. I mean if we kicked your asses the entire season, it wouldn't make for as glorious of an end  ;D

all ribbing aside, good job on Saturday, you really know how to inspire me!

Can we get an updated total please? I really dislike seeing Terry's name above mine  ;D

Steve- ArcFlash 38
John- Detector Guy 32
Nate- Shooter 28
Terry- Trinity 24
Joe- Hydro 16
Robert--Scubafreek864 10
Art- AandA 5

If you really are shooting for an end date 3/31 is good as any, and doesn't fall on a weekend. Though that depends on how much ice you've still got left.
It was enough just to run you down. It's not like I can really brag to much seeing how we're at the 2 minute warning ,it's 4th and long, and we're about to kick it to you for the last time.

The best part is it wasn't a blow out and everyone was close enough to overtake someone. I use this time to think about the 6 I know I left behind. How we spent 3 weekends pulling blanks. (hammerhead sandbars are not the score you'd think) How I owe most of this to my teammates.

I would like to take a second of your time while it last to say, At this very moment, ignoble as it may be. :Smile

Last weekend could have been the end if the weather holds. One ramp was already closed and I wouldn't drive on anything after a week of 50's and 23 inches.

It is more fun with it being close. Now that you are in the lead, our position on an end date is about to waffle  :-[. I I believe the rules have been clarified many times for our clarification.  ;D as long as we are diving through a "cut" hole  :Smile. It is a good thing we are saving the best for last  >Big Grin  Stand by for the "really big bang"!

I didn't know you were into falconry?

ps. that wasn't the peace sign I was giving the V. for victory sign