MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I did chase or rake after the quarry anchor and my master had my leash so I can see that but for a second I thought I messed up. I meant #3.

'Best for last', no way, you've been shifting gear all season. You must be in 22nd gear by now! Maybe your going too fast! Slow down and look on the bottom. If you swim right on the bottom and look uphill at the light you can see them easier.

We'll be out looking as well but I'll go last to let the rest of my team give their best for last.

I don't see any way the ice will hold past next weekend and I'm going to Ghost Ships on the 25 so that's out.

:-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

[glow=red,2,300]Really Big Bang[/glow] aka shock & awe, coming soon to a theater near you. Brought to you by the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow], Karma, and the grateful citizens of Isanti County
You know Robert isn't in the comp and we still beat you while giving 10 anchors to someone not even in the race! He pulled 4 from the hole I pulled from so I could have had 16 but the G-men are nice guy and that's Karma.

You meant "[glow=red,2,300]Disaster Plan[/glow]"

[/quote]

I think what you meant to say was you've been beat by us all season...... ;D

You are right about the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow], it does spell [glow=red,2,300]Disaster plan[/glow] for team g with a capital D  ;D

Starting the countdown to the [glow=red,2,300]really big bang[/glow]

Tongue
                  I just like being depicted as the angel!  TRINITY
Kinda weird that there has not been an "Ice Out Poll" this year yet. I have a couple links and attachments with some history but no current official predictions. The first link is the historical ice out on Minnetonka from 2010 going back to 1855:

The second link is a fairly detailed weather forecast for the next 7 days:

The last is a PDF file of the ice related fatalities in Minnesota going back to 1976.

I realize that these are just stats and have no real merit as to what the future holds but with the seventh highest snowfall in the history of Minnesota this year (79.7") insulating the lakes causing 10+ inches less Ice this year than last year and warmer/earlier rains forecasted... The end of a good season is soon :'( . Looking at the last 155 years on the Minnetonka Ice Outs, it only happened 7 times during March. Of course this ice out is based on driving a boat from Water Patrol Headquarters in Spring Park, through the Narrows and around Big Island without having to significantly alter course to avoid ice or ice floes. Last weekend we had about 20 inches of ice where we were and I think it will go away fast.
John

PDF link below
That PDF is really sad. I had no idea. It's all the children that are 5 and 6. You can read 'car through ice' and it shows 2, 5,6 for age. How sad does that story have to be for someone. Holy cow!

Nice job John, buzz killer.  :'(

I guessed 4-3-11  (on feb 21st) as our last "ice dive" but that looks like a good date for ice out instead.

Sad is right, but stats like that are motivation to train as hard as we do to shorten the recovery time... Every dive is a training dive for one of those unfortunate situations. sorry about being a kill-joy