MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

That's the good thing about it being "your" tournament. You can do whatever you want. You could start by using spellcheck  :-[

& now Terry, for your viewing pleasure, the omitted paragraph, to my victory poem, Laddie

Yes we dive out of the shack
and sometimes we talk a little smack,
the competition was supposed to be about anchors,
you talk about your saw and both whine so much
you're really both starting to look like a couple wankers  :o 
:o & Awe, boys, Shock & Awe
Was already on it!

that's the nice thing about it being my design, I can do whatever I want with it.    Wink and stop pm'ing me about going camping with you.

Com'on we know you two dive out of a heated shack, to quote my good friend Dangerous Dave Torry, "lift up that skirt, reach down and grab a pair, you can do better then that" 
I hate to say it, but I think I'm running out of smack talk. I can always muster a snide comment or two, but I am trying to be a gracious winner so I will leave the hole to be dug by others.

Terry, I am a simple man. Easily impressed you might say... I sat and wondered what type of grog may have inspired you to come up with the words 'Comet' and 'Vomit' to be used in a poem. I did some research and found this "other site" scubaboard.com that has a special (no not like short bus special, but like beatnik type special) scuba poetry thread for the more artistic divers. There was this lame poem there from 2004 that struck me as familiar. Well here is a portion of it:

Rolling and rocking on the waves like a Comet,
Waiting and wondering which students will Vomit!

Here is the link to the rest of the "original" poem:

Congratulations to the winners and to all of you who braved the weather to compete. I am in agreement with Kristi's totals. It was fun doing arm-chair ice diving through all of your pictures and videos that you all posted. With that much iron and cement out of the lakes I'm sure the lake levels went down quite a bit Big Grin

Thank You! You made a good choice. Next year, I will be on the sidelines. Might even throw my hat into the judges ring.

Thank You Pat, even if the anchors averaged 15 pounds each times 205 recovered anchors, it would amount to 3,075 pounds. The heftiest anchor from our camp was a 25 pound navy anchor that Nate found, and the lightest one was a 4 pound aluminum fortress anchor. There was about ten 10 pounders, ten 20 pounders, and the balance were about 15 pounds. We found 3 or 4 of these lead shot filled 'crab claw' anchors that are kinda neat. We did not find any 'water spikes' but I really like those. Being that my wife wants to get rid of the rock garden where the found anchors usually accumulate... I will probably scrap out the cast iron mushroom and navy type that are not vinyl coated and use that money to buy a new HP 120 steel tank. I think over the last 3 years I have accumulated about a ton or so.
Were you guys going to post your under the ice time?  ???