MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As long at it's ideas. I've considered, how do you say where you are? As can be seen in Terry's 52 second cut if you had a location you could do better to open a hole for them and or enter rescue divers directly to the site. Even as easy as auger a hole and hand them a long hose. You can almost always reach up the hole, hand signal or pass a dive slate. (yes, provided your not trapped on the bottom)

What you need is a flag or something like what they use to mark NSP lines to push/drill though the ice.

I was thinking about this on an ice dive not as a rescue but if I find something that we want to recover or cut a hole over a specific place. It would be better to mark the spot then to compass course and rope length from the old hole  that is likely to be 150 feet away.
If you get a thing used for back country skiing called an avalanche responder.... put it in a small pelican case and then use that for the surface support to home in on you and cut the hole... id be willing to depend on that sinche they work through a few feet of snow... should work thrugh ice.
Speaking of a few feet, Where are we diving this weekend?
extra long modified ice screw 3-4ft long. carefully screwed in from underneath should come out top!

waters clear enough. should be easy choiceSmile

will this work for what you need? I just converted it to black and white.
Should do but now that it's just one I don't need it. No reason to have a plaque of one. I'll just have a normal 1st Place made up.
They don't do this for cups.

will this work for what you need? I just converted it to black and white.
[/quote]

Who votes for most unusual anchor? Terry, the designated driver offer still stands  ;D Team Isanti (Winners) will put together some
consolation(loser) prizes.  ;D
I only said I'd do anchor count so that's one or I will get a plaque for each with the names and counts in order with the b/w graphic. Terry can work out the rest with you guys.

Who votes for most unusual anchor? Terry, the designated driver offer still stands  ;D Team Isanti (Winners) will put together some
[/quote]

Hopefully the shockwave didn't make it all the way to the prize table... ;D

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Let's see,,,,,,,,could a rhyme, be in order,

"TRINITY" gets pulled from the label, and you think all the prizes, "stayed", on the table, dude, you DO, live in a fable.  :Smile