MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dave, lets not encourage the "cute little redhead" to be clicking her heals, anytime soon!
Terry how on earth can you bend your legs around like that and take a picture of yourself too! :Smile  By the by - I didn't remember your legs looking quite that good  Wink
Here you go Terry.  Get you a little more pumped for icing.

Thanks Robert, I am psyched! Not sure if it was you or young Joe or even maybe Steve, who first came up with the line, "this lakes not going to dive itself," bacause to that all you can say is, really?!  :-\ First time in a long time, I'm looking forward to the lakes getting colder. I'm still working on breathing new life into my McCulloh, hoping for a miracle right now.            T
That was me and its still true. You dive lake, they don't dive you. Before I started pushing everyone to get going we'd get 2 hole2 in 9 hours. I like to be more efficient then that.

Ya, now were up to 2 holes in 8 3/4 hours!  Wink I think if I show up early, cut and clean the hole, you, Joe, Dave, Pete, Nate, John, and the rest could shorten it up to just over 6 hours! What do you think? Or do we just need to cut out throwing back a couple cold ones after the dives?  :-\             TRINITY
I thought that you were the one who coined the phrase "this lake ain't going to dive itself"??  ;D  If I remember correctly, that is what I heard you say right before almost every dive we have been on together.  It is a catchy phrase too.  Gotta love it.

I am going to be ice certified this winter, so I would like to join you in some icing.

No Robert, no original thought here, credit has to go to Steve. I can see where he came up with it though, the other day at Master, (but could just as easily have been Delta) there were 3 IT guys standing around a box actually in the parking lot, looking at it, one said, "looks like thats our stuff", another said, "I bet it dosent work" and the 3rd, (the smartest one) said, "and if it dosen't, I bet we have to fix it, because it wont fix itself." ( that was a lot to type to not come up with anything better then that,,,) Its like an expression used by some of the sparks at Master, "it is, what it is", I mean how the hell do you even respond to something, so stupid?        Really! I thought it was something else!
                      Your welcome to join us, well, once you have that card anyway. I'm thinking that now, that I actually have an icing card, (thanks Mike Daust!) I got last winter, even though I did my first ice dive on Perch Lake on Jan 18, 1981 (my 13th dive)  :-\ but it feels good to be official, not slithering around like some eelpout on the ice without a proper certification. Some might say, I'm still slithering about on the ice but now I'm official, so there!   Wink       TRINITY
Quote:                 Ya, now were up to 2 holes in 8 3/4 hours!  Wink I think if I show up early, cut and clean the hole, you, Joe, Dave, Pete, Nate, John, and the rest could shorten it up to just over 6 hours! What do you think? Or do we just need to cut out throwing back a couple cold ones after the dives?  :-\             TRINITY

:o Cut out cold ones after the dives!  :o  I think we just change the way we time it, the clock stops as soon as we crack a cold one on the ice...  Lets not get to carried away with the hole time thing Wink
Terry,

New sparkplug in the chainsaw, haven't put the "big bar" on yet, on the work bench ready and waiting. Going to see if the NG gets their crap together before putting the bar on. I am suppose to be in Virginia by Jan. 2nd and there until Jan. 30th. So there goes a few weekends of blowing bubbles.

About those pics, those legs look more like Steve's, what the heck is Steve doing wearing nylon's and what are they doing around your neck?