MNScuba.com

Full Version: Madeira dive report - 11/6/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A friend and I drove up to dive the Madeira on Saturday. Air temps were in the mid-40s and a brisk wind was whipping some chop and whitecaps when we headed down to the beach around 1pm. The surface swim was a bit tough and there was some surge down to about 15-20 feet. At the bottom, viz was good, around 20-30 feet. At the stern area, I saw 45 degrees, while when we went deeper, it was 41 at 115 feet.

By the time we did an SA and headed out for our second dive, the wind and waves have calmed down and made for a pleasant dive.

Great to sneak in a Superior dive in November!
Myself and a few other dove there yesterday too.  It was a little dicey getting in and out but was nice down below. 

Got some nice video...

What did you think of the Bollard display beside the parking lot?
Bob
The display was very nice. Is it anchored to that slab or just sitting on it? Looking forward to seeing the info plac that it looks like will be there.
That is some fantastic video you got there. I was glad I left my video rig at home with those tricky surface conditions but really enjoyed your work! Nicely done.

There are three pieces of rebar sticking out of the slab that we welded to the underside of the Bollards.
The sign is being printed in California by the same company that did the rest of the outdoors signs for Split Rock.
Bob
That is some fantastic video you got there. I was glad I left my video rig at home with those tricky surface conditions but really enjoyed your work! Nicely done.
[/quote]

We went and dove Gooseberry afterward.  Surface conditions were much nicer, especially close to the river.

Here's video from that one...

Nice video and cool to see that Gooseberry is a decent divesite too!
Hey.. after watching the vid. I think you might be right. That could be a rolling pin. They must have had a galley on the Belle P Cross.
I got up a little early today and watched both videos. Both videos are very, very impressive. let me know what your camera set up is. It makes me want a new one pretty bad.
Pages: 1 2