MNScuba.com

Full Version: MOA SCUBA dive!!! Who's in? Sunday 3/20/2011 1 pm-4:30 pm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well its about that time again!!!!

Thinking Sunday March 20th - 1p-4:30 pm

This should give us plenty of time in advance for scheduling!

Info from MOA for pricing/details:

If you have EVER wanted to get close to, cuddle, feed, view etc 4 foot Sturgeon and many other huge freshwater fish, here is your chance!! I HIGHLY recommend it!   ;D

A group of us dove MOA twice last year and had a blast:

Some of us didnt care much for the Shark Cove dive last time around as we felt pretty restricted so after speaking with SCUBA adventures at MOA - they have now started a program for just a Fisherman's Hollow dive for those interested.

I am planning on doing just the Fishermans Hollow program but those interested can do both if they like - as long as there are at least 3 people in the group that would like to dive both tanks.

Once I get at least 2 other people that are a lock - I will call MOA and get our group date rolling.  Note - once I get it rolling - they will accept anyone who calls in to secure thier dive with pre-payment to lock in the date.

If we end up with more than say 4-6 total, they will just schedule two dive sessions to accomidate everyone.  I believe 10+ gets us a discount in pricing as well.

So....WHOS IN????????????

OOOhhhhhh..............I am very interested in the fishermans hollow!!

The date works as well.

I may need to wait to build up some money but I have wanted to do this for a while now. If it works with you for me to save up then pay.....I am in for sure!!

Brent

Shouldnt be a problem - I figure there will be at least 2-3 more to commit with payment to lock in the date.  From there - its as many that want to join - like I said - they will schedule extra sessions if we get too many for just one session

Anyone considering it - just do it man - WELL WORTH THE $$

Includes tanks, behind the scenes tour, admission to Under Water world, snacks, T-shirt (WOO WOO) - hee hee and much more

I cannot begin to tell you what it feels like to be knocked on your ass by what you think is another diver, then turn around and find out it was a Sturgeon pushing you over trying to get you to feed him the worms out of your hand....AMAZING!!!!

Here is a peak of the entertainment from the Shark Cove courtesy of DragonEye and Mattd

How much time do you wind up spending under water? Single tank or double tank dive(s)?

You do one dive in the freshwater and one dive in the saltwater (if you choose to do both) - ends up being about 45 minutes or so per dive

Getting closer, is there any solid interest???

Ya Angie I'll jump it with you again, be nice to be under ice thats not real, or 2' thick.

Sweet!  I have a message in to Carrie to book the date for us, once she confirms we can call in payment to reserve the spot

Woo hoo!
The wife and I plan to join as well. Will be registering on Monday.

Great!!! Were you able to register?  I havent heard back from Carrie so I am planning to call into their regular reservation line this week.....

Edit - Apparently Carrie no longer works there and the person I spoke with isnt sure they are still offering the Fishermans Hollow only option (even though its advertised on thier website) so the gal I spoke with is going to do some checking around and get back to me.

It may not be until next week....will keep ya'll updated
I left a message the other day and stopped in yesterday and spoke with Megan (?). She helps with the program but doesn't book anything. She was going to have someone from group sales call me back - I haven't heard a thing.

Might have roped in two more buddies.
Pages: 1 2