MNScuba.com

Full Version: DC drygloves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These DC ring connectors are pure hell to install. I'm trying to install the connector with the latex wrist seal intact. I think it is impossible on my Andys suit. I know DanL is running into the same problem on a tsl350.

Joel mentioned a possible solution on another board. Blue Point makes wrist seals that can be installed on the connector rings before they are installed on the suit. Any of the local shops carry these seals? If not where can they be ordered?
Dan L here - update on DC dry gloves. I ended up just mounting them as far down on the sleeves as the rings would go. That results in the ring being mounted on trilam vs the latex seal. Have 4+ ice dives with them mounted this way and no problems so far.
The "right" way is to have the seals on the latex for absolute watertight seal, but it seems to work with the seals on the trilam just fine. I'll post progress as I get more dives in.
Dan, didn't nomads mount his on the seals on his TLS350? If I remember right when we dove with him in Joan back in October that's how he had his setup. Maybe he'll reply on this thread.
gp, you are correct, I did install my gloves with an inner seal on two dry suits. The difficult part is to turn the sleeve right side in after you install the connector. The key is to use 2/3 people, turn the connector 90 degrees and work the latex. Once I figured it out, I was able to install in about 5 minutes but it took me two hours to figure it out. I will be more than happy to help you Jason and Dan install them. Nomads

Okay, what date/time works for you? Thanks for the offer to help!
Jason, Paul,
Dryglove technology session and drinks at my place - some Sat or Sun PM??? (Bloomington, MN)
Propose a date....
We should do it 4/5-4/6 or 4/12-4/13. After that we should be diving. I can do it any of those dates. Paul
4/12 works. Jason?
Sure, 4/12 works fine.
Paul, does Sat morning still work for you. Should Dan and I meet at your place? Please PM me directions. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2