MNScuba.com

Full Version: Cow Sink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cow Sink is near Peacock cave system, or nearby Lauraville, Florida and is a NSS access cave system.  It is fragile and has some very delicate clay bank formations which are beautiful, aside from the neat swim throughs, tunnels, planes, and drop downs like "Not My Fault".  To enter the cave you must pass through a chest scraping, nose down restriction, wiggling through before the passage opens enough to re-adjust stage bottles, etc.  This dive is with Cindy Lesinzky, and was a slow three hours as we were putzing to take pictures.  In some areas, the cave is almost totally black covering all surfaces and really eats up the light so very challenging for photography.  But then the cave turns white, tan and sandy....  Depths for most of the cave is 60-70 and then drops down to 100 for remainder.  The line ends abruptly at about 2000 ft. , at a cow, but the cave keeps going....next dive I'll have to see where it goes.

Water levels and flow are still down, but visibility is excellent!

Ron
Nice pictures Ron!  It must have been fun getting the camera and all in through the opening  Smile
Thanks for sharing!
Dave
Now you have me all pumped up for the next trip to cave country  ;D
Hey nice pics I just got done reading "Taming of the Slew" by Sheck Exaley. So it was nice to see what I was reading about.
One more fantastic day of diving at Cow, then on to Anderson, Edwards, and Jackson Blue!!!!

Here are a couple more pics of Cow, its a dark cave and I really need more drop lights to fill in the shadows.

Ron