MNScuba.com

Full Version: Undocumented Minnetonka Wreck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well the first mystery boat 'north of big island' is not st albans bay by any chance. Good thing these dinosaurs are keeping the wrecks secret.  There is a good chance there isn't going to be any gold left if word got out....
Here is a link to more public intel on the Minnetonka mystery site and a photo of the hull from their facebook page.

The lotus, the Minneapolis, the Hattie May and the Belle of Minnetonka were all really big boats on Minnetonka in the 1880's but the length of their hulls seem like longer than 50'. Could be the Mary kate, the Puritan, the Mary, the Saucy Kate or one of the numerous steam powered boats that had been on the lake at one time or another. Here are photos of the 4 big ones.

Here are some links to historical photos of steamers in Minnetonka:

Those are really cool looking rigs.  ;D
All of this talk about undocumented shipwrecks, gave me the itch to find one. :-X John, maybe it's time to dust off the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow], and go scratch that itch. What do you think? I think we should set up the dive shack(insert b-52's background music), fire up the heaters, and try to put some numbers on the board, in relative comfort and relaxation. I figured one relatively good placed hole should do the trick. I think I would rather spend my time underwater, rather than on the surface. Maybe even some grouper sandwiches 8) (on the table, table, table)  I know it's not the warm blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico, teeming with an abundance of table fare, but maybe there will still be gold left on the wreck ......
my gear is all packed up in the Jeep and ready, but I forgot where I put that [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow]. I think I remember seeing some good locations on page 37 or 38 that should be promising. Dive, Dive, Dive!
Well id rule out the minneapolis.
Even the Lotus looks like an 80 footer.

Here are some of the smaller 50' Minnetonka Steamers:
The Tonka was a big steamer also but I think the Bell of Minnetonka was probably the biggest to ply the waters of Lake Minnetonka

Hey you guys, I thought I saw the "Master Dive Plan" on about page 37-38 too, but it was hard to tell the page for sure, that outhouse up on the North Shore was just too damn dark. I really thought you guys went soft (and south) with Dave Torry, good to see you could still jump the last half of the season anyway Wink. I dont know Nate, about cranking up "loveshack" though, thats getting into kind of a wierd area, any chance you guys could just wear earpieces for your listening enjoyment, or can we just go back to Freddie for background tunes? I'll be bringing my grill and charcoal with cause that grouper sounds dandy, though. It'll be good to see you guys!   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8