MNScuba.com

Full Version: calhoun vis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
stopped by calhoun today on april 29th 2012 and just looked at the vis from the dock, could see the bottom down to 10 feet, but due to overcast sky, it was too dark to see much more, the water was pretty clear, weeds havent sprouted. no boats in the lake yet but the mooring floats are out.

as much as a 7 day forecast can be right, next sat looks to be a great day to dive,
The visibility at Calhoun is better than most people would expect. The only challenge with this dive spot is finding parking and dealing with the crowds.
actually parking is pretty good at the north beach and the south east pier, i've never had a problem

if you enter from lake of the isles that is a little trickier

harriet has tricky parking due to the silly one way street.

15 feet of vis in calhoun isnt uncommon, when you get below 30 feet it gets pretty dark tho, but usually anything below 20 feet is all muck anyway, i think ive been to 60 there before, but i was prolly under 30 feet of muck and didnt realize it.  :o
Pete and I jumped Harriot 2 years ago in late fall and the vis was awesome. I would say 30 feet. We were looking for a lost kayak and I was a long way from Pete and we could still easily identity individual pieces of gear.